Anyone successfully got a refund for Luminar? [Now they refunded]

jyc860923

Top Veteran
Name
贾一川
After seeing the reviews I purchased the Luminar today, it's a Luminar 3 license, the 2018 license is no longer in store.

The problem is, Luminar 3 can't open any image on my Windows 10 PC, not JPG, not DNG.

I tried Luminar 2018 in trial mode and it works, but I can't activate 2018 version with my license.

They say 60 days money back on the front page of their website and 45 days in some hidden parts, and their forums are full of complaints about "not working".

I emailed them for a refund, which seems the only way to make a request. Both the Luminar 2018 and 3 version lack uninstaller, I had to manually delete the Luminar app folders. What company does that?

They refunded me in about two days, I'm satisfied that they did it.

Last edited:
Weird. I haven’t used the Windows version of L3 or L2018 but the Skylum support team should be able to help you. They have been very responsive when I’ve had questions or problems with the Mac version.
If you're using the 2018 version, don't upgrade to the L3, I took a look at their Mac sub-forum and it isn't looking good either.

Do you get an error message or anything on screen? The 3.0.2 patch just came out, have you updated to that release yet?
I tried both 3.0.1 and 3.0.2. The problem is, I try to open a DNG file, and Luminar will crash, the next time I open Luminar it will not crash but simply not show an image at all, the right side bar shows histogram for the image, I've just tried it on another Windows 10 machine and it's the same. I've seen a forum post about the same issue and so far I haven't been able to open a single image at all.

The same doesn't happen to 2018 version, but my license doesn't cover older version so I can't use it.

Did you come across this post in their forums?

If you're interested, I can send you my email address if you want me to try the same file on my Win10 machine

Did you come across this post in their forums?

If you're interested, I can send you my email address if you want me to try the same file on my Win10 machine
Hi Kevin I appreciate your help, I can send you the dng file that I converted with the adobe dng converter, but Luminar would not even open a jpg, and my problem with raw wasn't as that thread described, so I'm not sure what's wrong with Luminar.

this thread describes exactly like my problem.

Last edited:
Hi Kevin I appreciate your help, I can send you the dng file that I converted with the adobe dng converter, but Luminar would not even open a jpg, and my problem with raw wasn't as that thread described, so I'm not sure what's wrong with Luminar.

this thread describes exactly like my problem.
Hi, did you follow the steps suggested by Skylum in that thread to send diagnostics? If you really want a refund, however, you might be better to use the contact us option from the Skylum home page. I’m not sure the right people would be watching the thread where you posted your request. Good luck with whichever path you choose!

Hi, did you follow the steps suggested by Skylum in that thread to send diagnostics? If you really want a refund, however, you might be better to use the contact us option from the Skylum home page. I’m not sure the right people would be watching the thread where you posted your request. Good luck with whichever path you choose!
No I wasn't able to send them any log because I already deleted the software, and there's nothing in my library. The fact that they ask their customers to download other apps to do diagnose shows its not ready to be sold. I do wish that they combine their licenses to let me use the 2018 version though.

Back