Sony Anyone thinking about the Samyang 35-150?

The new Samyang 35-150/2-2.8 is now in the shops. Selling for $1399 US, it's $500 less than the Tamron version. B&H had a page up promising that shipping preference would be given to those who preorder. Same thing on Samyang's website. B&H now lists them in stock after only a few days. I am going to hazard a wild guess that there weren't many preorders.

I've seen reviews, none by well-known reviewers nor the common man. According to the few out there it stands up to the Tamron very well, leaving nothing to want for the $500 difference. Still, I'd really prefer to see images made by people like us before I pull the trigger.

I'd also like to lay hands on one before I buy, but I don't think my local shop is going to carry it. And knowing Samyang's reputation for copy variance, ordering online means I must go through a place with a liberal return policy. Probably B&H.

I think I would use the heck out of this lens. But for now, I wait. Not sure how long before I order one knowing it may need to be returned.

Back