Anyone use a tablet to edit??

TraamisVOS

Hall of Famer
Nov 29, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Wow I was just thinking about this earlier today with a regular tablet like an iPad but I put it out of my head immediately thinking they're just not powerful enough for serious editing yet. I didn't know about the Wacoms.

It would be so convenient when travelling or editing on the go.

Yeats

All-Pro
Jul 31, 2012
New Jersey, USA
Chris
Wow I was just thinking about this earlier today with a regular tablet like an iPad but I put it out of my head immediately thinking they're just not powerful enough for serious editing yet. I didn't know about the Wacoms.

It would be so convenient when travelling or editing on the go.
Wacom tablets (and similar) are actually drawing-style surfaces that you use with a stylus, so it can mimic "traditional media" techniques. They by far pre-date iPads and all that.

Yeats

All-Pro
Jul 31, 2012
New Jersey, USA
Chris
I have an old Wacom - serial interface! - kicking around somewhere. All it does though is "draw", it doesn't have storage or a CPU.

I don't think I'd enjoy using one of these newfangled machines, and the price for the one you linked to.... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ripleysbaby

supernatural anesthetist
Sep 9, 2011
Cumbria UK
Garry
I bought one a year ago thinking I needed one. Used it about twice/ thrice. But although its plugged in it mostly serves as a place mat for my coffee

ReD

Hall of Famer
Mar 27, 2013
Been thinking of this recently when I started to use Corel - I have an older Wacom but haven't loaded it into my "new" (5year old) computer yet

must be easier than me using a mouse to clean up with

flash

Veteran
May 6, 2011
Gordon
yes......that WOULD be cool, but there's just a user interface....like a mouse.
Except that they have pressure sensitivity and are far more precise in use than a mouse.

I have used Wacom tablets extensively for the last decade and still do. Nothing comes close when it comes to making fast and accurate selections and masks in PS. I also use taablets with Wacom panels in them on the road (both MS tabletPC's and my Galaxy Notes which are Wacom enabled).

There is a learning curve involved with them. Most people try one for an hour or two and then stick it in a drawer. You really need about a month to get really used to them. I learned by unplugging my mouse. Frustrated for a week or so but after a fortnight I don't know how I did serious PS work without one.

The bamboo series are cheap and work well. The intuous are really only needed for power users.

Gordon

stratokaster

Top Veteran
Dec 27, 2010
Kiev, Ukraine
Pavel
A friend of mine is an artist and she is very happy with her Wacom-enabled Samsung Ativ Tab Pro 700T. It's very powerful (based on Intel Core i7), runs Windows 8 and comes with a removable keyboard.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using SeriousCompacts mobile app

john m flores

All-Pro
Aug 13, 2012
Been using them for 20 years. Currently have the inexpensive Wacom Bamboo Pen & Touch. As the name implies, you can use your fingertip like on an iPad or laptop, or you can use a stylus. The big test for me is that I can sign my name with it. Try that with a mouse.

An added benefit is that I continue to have a mouse connected. Having multiple devices and switching between them helps reduce the chance of RSI.

Jan 31, 2011
Newcastle, Australia
Sue
I bought one a year ago thinking I needed one. Used it about twice/ thrice. But although its plugged in it mostly serves as a place mat for my coffee
Likewise, except mine is no longer plugged in. Not even worth selling, really. Mine was bought something like 10 years ago (maybe longer, I think I still had a PC back then) and basically I have no idea why I bothered.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom