Fuji anyone using the new macro extension tubes, yet?

i was heading out to run some errands and the lightest fluffiest snow in the world was pile on my windscreen. I ran back into the house to grab the X-Pro with the 35mm attached......I was wishing I had those tubes. I tried a close-up of a single snowflake, but from 4 inches away, it's not much of a close-up. I haven't checked yet to see if I can crop it into a decent enough photo. Maybe I'll be the guinea pig in the group.

Can someone confirm that the highlighted number on the chart under mcx-16 is with the 11 and 16 combined?

Sent from my iPhone using FujiXspot

The rings are not supposed to be combined, so there is no chart column indicating the magnification if someone combines both macro rings.

an MCEX-11 arrived at my house yesterday. It really allows the 35mm to focus much closer. These two shots are without the adapter and with the adapter showing the closest I could get the camera to lock focus. Of course, with the adapter on, I only had 2 inches to work with (with the lens hood attached). I hope to do some flower and bug shooting in the next couple weeks. When I have something more than test shots to show, I'll be sure to load them up here. Seems like for the price, everyone should have one in their toolbox.

18168339291_46de3c97f2_b.jpg
DSCF5241
by Luke, on Flickr

I was quite surprised in this macro shot to learn that the letters on this prescription bottle appear to made up of small blocks.....never noticed that with the naked eye before. Not true macro 1:1, but good enough for my uses.

17546590273_71372be9f7_b.jpg
DSCF5245
by Luke, on Flickr

Back