Sony Anyone using the Samyang 12/2 APS-C?

My son's taking a college photography class. He's never really shown an interest in photography before so he has no camera. I'm loaning him my A6000 and the only APS-C lens I have, the little 18-55 kit lens. With all of this sudden exposure (seewhatIdidthere?) to other people's images he's has suddenly developed an interest in astrophotography. I'd like to get a wider lens for him to use and am thinking maybe the Samyang 12/2, which gets good reviews. This would also be a good opportunity to force manual focus on him 😁 . Anyone using this lens? Seems pretty reasonably priced. I don't want to spend a lot since he may not maintain interest, and I'm unlikely to use this combination.

Eh?

I've not used it for astro or on a Sony, but have used it for a bit on my Fuji X cameras.

Lovely little lens. Easy to focus, compact enough to throw in the bag when you want to just have it. I've since gotten the Fuji 10-24/4 so no longer need this lens...but it is a great little performer for the price.

Examples below:

I've not used it for astro or on a Sony, but have used it for a bit on my Fuji X cameras.

Lovely little lens. Easy to focus, compact enough to throw in the bag when you want to just have it. I've since gotten the Fuji 10-24/4 so no longer need this lens...but it is a great little performer for the price.

Examples below:
Interesting shots. Is the one titled Frankemuth from MI? Colors look to be really good.

Back