Anyone want to join in another challenge - "The Single in...."?

defektive

Veteran
May 4, 2011
Tasmania, Australia
Sam
I've changed my mind about which camera. It occurred to me whilst I was showering, that if I *don't* use the camera with which I am least competent... I'll never get there. So, I will submit my rubbish shot from July 1st and then out I go to do stuff every day. Maybe I will find some stability along the way :) GRDIII here we go.
Excellent decision. I think it's a great oppurtunity to develop skills which is why I bought and am using a wider lens than I am generally comfortable with.

kyteflyer

~@¿@~
Jan 31, 2011
Newcastle, Australia
Sue
Excellent decision. I think it's a great oppurtunity to develop skills which is why I bought and am using a wider lens than I am generally comfortable with.
Yes. It occurred to me that its the best opportunity, and one I might not otherwise have taken. Yesterday (jUly1) shot uploaded, now I am off hunting. Looks like tis a Ricoh month for me :)

vincechu

Veteran
Sep 14, 2010
hey mark great that you got the challenge started, I'll join up when I get more time - job hunting and I've got my graduation and graduation celebration events the coming week.

Reactions: BBW

akulya

Regular
Mar 1, 2011
Day 2 is up - and it has been lovely here in the west of England. Give it a few days of rain though and the panic will start to set in :) Remember, there are opportunities everywhere, keep your camera handy!

akulya

Regular
Mar 1, 2011
After uploading my Day 2 image to the "serious compacts gallery", I noticed that it something about it wasn't quite right, so I looked back at the jpeg on my hdd and there was a significant difference in the way the colours looked - almost like the sort of thing you see when there's an RGB vs Abobe colour space collision.

So I uploaded it to flickr - and it looked ok, and then within the "serious compacts gallery" upload screen; I used the lower half (where you specify a web URL rather than a local file) and now it looks as intended here too.

I never noticed this before - but then I think this is the first colour image I have ever uploaded here, all the others being links from flickr.

So I thought I'd just ask if this is something anyone else has noticed? I hope nobody minds me saying so, It's not a complaint at all, just something I thought might have affected others too?

BBW

Legend
Jul 7, 2010
betwixt and between
BB
I have not noticed it, no. The picture I put on Flickr of my July 1st image looks the same there as it does here, Kal. May I ask what kind of computer monitor you are using? And...has it been calibrated?

P.S. But wait, you used a web URL...for the gallery, I didn't know about that, option. I've never used that method, but when I uploaded an exported file from LR to my desktop into the gallery, it does look the same as the Flickr version.

BBW

Legend
Jul 7, 2010
betwixt and between
BB
Interestingly, with a black and white that I just uploaded into the Single in July gallery, it does not seem to show as much detail as the same image on Flickr... I am going to post it here from Flickr and then look and see what I think, as a test.

P.S. When I have three windows open and I view this linked version to the Flickr page, it looks the same. When I compare it to the image in the gallery, I do see more detail in this version compared to the gallery version. I don't know why but I do see a difference in detail - check out the clouds. I also think the "whites" look brighter. It may have something to do with the size that I exported to my desktop to upload?

stillshunter

Super Moderator Emeritus
Nov 5, 2010
Down Under
Mark
Hmmm...does this degraded service have something to do with Amin's being tardy with paying the bill last month? :wink:

Just kidding!!!

Weird phenomenon....is it an RGB profile thing I wonder?

Lili

Hall of Famer
Oct 17, 2010
Dallas, TX
Lili
One thing is changing for me already; the IQ of the PEN is spoiling me. I shot the same scene with it and the Nokia N8.
Nokia is great for a phone.

But it could not beat this from the E=PL1

Lili

Hall of Famer
Oct 17, 2010
Dallas, TX
Lili
Sorry Colette but we're talking chalk and cheese with the results here! That little PEN shines :clap2:....pity you can't make calls on it.
I know Stills, thanks. I could have done with better focus and less shake with the Nokia, but even counting that the PEN rocks!

akulya

Regular
Mar 1, 2011
I'm not cut out for these PADs; I can feel myself burning out already - and it's only the first weekday!!! Must. Look. Harder.

Latest threads

Top Bottom