Anyone want to join in another challenge - "The Single in...."?

I've changed my mind about which camera. It occurred to me whilst I was showering, that if I *don't* use the camera with which I am least competent... I'll never get there. So, I will submit my rubbish shot from July 1st and then out I go to do stuff every day. Maybe I will find some stability along the way :) GRDIII here we go.

Excellent decision. I think it's a great oppurtunity to develop skills which is why I bought and am using a wider lens than I am generally comfortable with.

It won't let me post in the gallery, I don't know why and I'm too tired to find out, so until I work it out, here in July 1st
5892495398_74094f87ee_b.jpg
[/url] DSC00890 by heather_t_vet, on Flickr[/IMG]

hey mark great that you got the challenge started, I'll join up when I get more time - job hunting and I've got my graduation and graduation celebration events the coming week.

Day 2 is up - and it has been lovely here in the west of England. Give it a few days of rain though and the panic will start to set in :) Remember, there are opportunities everywhere, keep your camera handy!

After uploading my Day 2 image to the "serious compacts gallery", I noticed that it something about it wasn't quite right, so I looked back at the jpeg on my hdd and there was a significant difference in the way the colours looked - almost like the sort of thing you see when there's an RGB vs Abobe colour space collision.

So I uploaded it to flickr - and it looked ok, and then within the "serious compacts gallery" upload screen; I used the lower half (where you specify a web URL rather than a local file) and now it looks as intended here too.

I never noticed this before - but then I think this is the first colour image I have ever uploaded here, all the others being links from flickr.

So I thought I'd just ask if this is something anyone else has noticed? I hope nobody minds me saying so, It's not a complaint at all, just something I thought might have affected others too?

I have not noticed it, no. The picture I put on Flickr of my July 1st image looks the same there as it does here, Kal. May I ask what kind of computer monitor you are using? And...has it been calibrated?

P.S. But wait, you used a web URL...for the gallery, I didn't know about that, option. I've never used that method, but when I uploaded an exported file from LR to my desktop into the gallery, it does look the same as the Flickr version.

Interestingly, with a black and white that I just uploaded into the Single in July gallery, it does not seem to show as much detail as the same image on Flickr... I am going to post it here from Flickr and then look and see what I think, as a test.

5894515075_5644221969_b.jpg

P.S. When I have three windows open and I view this linked version to the Flickr page, it looks the same. When I compare it to the image in the gallery, I do see more detail in this version compared to the gallery version. I don't know why but I do see a difference in detail - check out the clouds. I also think the "whites" look brighter. It may have something to do with the size that I exported to my desktop to upload?

Hmmm...does this degraded service have something to do with Amin's being tardy with paying the bill last month? ;)

Just kidding!!!

Weird phenomenon....is it an RGB profile thing I wonder?

One thing is changing for me already; the IQ of the PEN is spoiling me. I shot the same scene with it and the Nokia N8.
Nokia is great for a phone.
5895555389_0af494b503_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

But it could not beat this from the E=PL1
5895812490_172ff8f8ea_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Sorry Colette but we're talking chalk and cheese with the results here! That little PEN shines :clap2:....pity you can't make calls on it.

I know Stills, thanks. I could have done with better focus and less shake with the Nokia, but even counting that the PEN rocks!

I'm not cut out for these PADs; I can feel myself burning out already - and it's only the first weekday!!! Must. Look. Harder.

Back