Feedback Apologies for the site's being down.

mu-43 has been up and down all day. Sometimes I can get it on my iPhone app, sometimes not. I couldn't get to SC.com either for a long time this am from my browser.

For mu-43, this is the WORST day to go down.

I'm having much the same experience as wt21, this site sometimes lets me in, then immediately throws me out again, messes me about, when I try to post it says I can't, certainly needs some sorting out. Just done it again, let me type this and then refuses to let me post it, says I'm not logged in, becoming unuseable as far as I'm concerned.

Barrie

mu-43 has been up and down all day. Sometimes I can get it on my iPhone app, sometimes not. I couldn't get to SC.com either for a long time this am from my browser.

For mu-43, this is the WORST day to go down.

Yes, it has been a really bad day for this to happen :(.

I've had similar problems all day, one minute it allows me to use it and the next, it "can't find the server". I'm really sorry you're burdened by this problem Amin, I'm sure it's the last thing you need! Hope this headache is over for you soon.

I think it's just a matter of time now. I messed up trying to fix a bandwidth issue by changing nameservers to take advantage of a caching service and ended up with a DNS propagation issue. Once I realized what was going on, I changed the nameservers back, but now it's going to take some time for the DNS issue to clear up.

The only thing that will help some folks get access quicker is to clear cache, etc, but in many cases that won't help. Worst part is that I was up until 3am trying to keep up with the Olympus announcements, only to post them to a site which has been largely inaccessible to the world :dash2:.

My entire Mac just crashed after running that!!!!

Just kidding. Worked like a charm, and mu-43 is back in business for me! Came right up after running the flush.

Now, just post the directions on the website no one can see, and you're golden! (my IT group does this all the time -- sends out e-mails to tell us the e-mail is down :)

Amin, without wishing to confuse I'm running Puppy Linux from a live DVD with all configuration changes saved back to that DVD. When I shut down everyday I don't save, so when I restart my browser history is empty, I load bookmarks from an html file and away I go again. I've done that to access the internet for a couple of years now and have always accessed SC like that since joining with ne'r a problem until now, so I'm not sure that that will be the answer :(. Sorry I can't be more helpful, probably rather negative.

Barrie

Thankfully I don't need to flush right now because I haven't a clue what a command terminal is.;) Don't tell me. If I get stuck, I'll send out a carrier pigeon email.

Amin, I don't know how the heck you deal with all this and do your real work of healing the sick and teaching. Thanks for all that you are doing!

Gee, that's not good. May I ask what browser you're using? Have you tried all the clearing cache, etc., stuff? For me it was hit or miss but now seems quite stable - knock on virtual wood - and I've never bothered clearing my cache or anything else. Using Safari right now, which is my usual brand.

Please everyone keep us posted. I hope we all wake up to a completely healed set of sites.

Back