APS-C High ISO Performance

drd1135

Zen Snapshooter
Name
Steve
I was looking at the new DPR studio results for the Nikon Z fc. I actually changed the Olympus to the Z50:

The high iso performance of all these cameras in JPEG and Raw is really impressive.

I've been highly impressed with APSC performance since switching to Fuji from Canon. I considered the X-E2 ISO and AF(center point) performance on par with the Canon 5D2 at the time.

Is the sensor in the D500 the same as the Zfc ?
Put that into the comparatison for giggles and ramped-up the ISO. Is Nikon artificially hobbling the Zfc? Wikipedia seems to inidicate the Z series use a newer Expeed CPU so you'd think it had the horsepower?
The sample pics tend to get very mushy very quick, but it seems like poor form not to have an expandable high-end range.

Is the sensor in the D500 the same as the Zfc ?
Put that into the comparatison for giggles and ramped-up the ISO. Is Nikon artificially hobbling the Zfc? Wikipedia seems to inidicate the Z series use a newer Expeed CPU so you'd think it had the horsepower?
The sample pics tend to get very mushy very quick, but it seems like poor form not to have an expandable high-end range.
Good idea. I tried it and they do look pretty much the same in terms of noise.

Back