Fuji Are the EXR features/modes in the X30?

An odd question I'm sure, and some will likely say 'who cares', but the EXR features were much hyped on the X10 and I'm not sure if the SN/DR/HR modes still operational in some way on the X30?
i.e. does SN = Advanced night scene mode, DR = the dynamic range settings, HR = F image size with landscape or portraits scene selection . . . or some other variation???

There are numerous selectable modes on the X30. I'm looking at mine, and see P, SR+, Filter, Adv, SP1, and SP2. Each has various sub-selections, such as Pro Focus, Pro Low Light, and Multiple Exposure under the Adv selection. I haven't used them much. They are fun to play with sometimes, but for my own purposes, I just prefer to set the dial to M and go from there. I'd suggest downloading the manual from the Fuji site, if you haven't already.

There are numerous selectable modes on the X30. I'm looking at mine, and see P, SR+, Filter, Adv, SP1, and SP2. Each has various sub-selections, such as Pro Focus, Pro Low Light, and Multiple Exposure under the Adv selection. I haven't used them much. They are fun to play with sometimes, but for my own purposes, I just prefer to set the dial to M and go from there. I'd suggest downloading the manual from the Fuji site, if you haven't already.
Odd happenings. I actually posted the above reply when I logged on with my credentials, but the forum software thinks it was Bill.

Odd happenings. I actually posted the above reply when I logged on with my credentials, but the forum software thinks it was Bill.

Thanks Bill . . eerrr Tony. I have the detailed user manual, been through it end to end, and am familiar with pretty much all the basic features of the camera. What I'd really like to know is if the X-Trans CMOS sensor in the X30 embodies the X10 EXR sensor features/mods (SN/DR/HR) . . and if so where is the corresponding feature on the X30?

What I'd really like to know is if the X-Trans CMOS sensor in the X30 embodies the X10 EXR sensor features/mods (SN/DR/HR) . . and if so where is the corresponding feature on the X30?
From what I can determine, Fuji replaced the EXR mode on the X10 with a scene recognition mode (SR+) on the X20/X30. It's not a feature I use, beyond playing with it a few times, so I can't really offer more help.

From what I can determine, Fuji replaced the EXR mode on the X10 with a scene recognition mode (SR+) on the X20/X30. It's not a feature I use, beyond playing with it a few times, so I can't really offer more help.

Yes . . from what I can see on the X30, it appears that the EXR functionality on the X10 is now embodied on the X30 spread across features such ad DR, shadow/hilight range, Advanced settings Pro Focus and Pro Low Light. If anyone else knows different or has a different perspective let us know. Thnx.

Back