Are U shooting B&W?

Herman

The Image Stimulator
Name
Herman
In "analog" times I loved to shoot black and white. Then I went to shooting dia (projector from Rollei, I still got him). Digital area arrived, so I started to shoot digital in full color, not in B&W anymore.

Are you shooting B&W, why, are you looking forward to the new expected Leica B&W sensor?:):):)

I shoot in b&w with my grdiii because I like the tones. All my other cameras I shoot in colour.

I've not heard about a leica b&w sensor. Sounds interesting.

I plan on developing some Black and White this Summer. I have the equipmen and chemicals, has been a time constraint.

Probably will develop the negatives and scan them for printing. I have an enlarger- but need to set up a Darkroom. Again- time.

I actually called Kodak a while back to ask them what it would take to do a Monochrome version of the KAF-18500 used in the Leica M9. All it would take was Leica to ask for it.

20 years ago I called Kodak and had them make an IR version of the KAF-1600 used in the DCS200. They did it, had to make a custom run of the detectors, intervene in the process to leave the IR cut filter off.

i have only rarely set a camera to b&w; i always process from raw now.
sometimes i "see" a shot in b&w and capture it with the expectation that it'll be processed that way.
more often i make the decision when i unload the camera and check through in LR.
i don't use sfx - too clumsy and stupidly expensive; i can do all i need in LR
i've recently obtained a film rf (Bessa) because of a certain dissatisfaction with digital mono tonality, and it's likely to see 99% b&w film through it.
Havign said that, images from the Sigma can make beautiful monochromes.

I shoot B&W exclusively with my meterless cameras - Kodak 400CN. I shoot colour in other cameras but like others here I use my GRDIII almost exclusively in B&W or the HiBW mode - I just really like the results.

B&W is about form shape, light and shade and, I believe, needs seeing with a different eye. If I *know* I have colour film loaded I shoot differently. Similarly in digiworld, I like to shoot JPEG black and white without Raw, thereby without a colour "safety net". I appreciate this may make me odd, but it works for me. :)

A b&w sensor M? Ain't gonna happen...

B+W is 70% of my photography. I am really starting to enjoy looking at the world in tones and textures - even without the viewfinder.

I plan on developing some Black and White this Summer. I have the equipmen and chemicals, has been a time constraint.

Probably will develop the negatives and scan them for printing. I have an enlarger- but need to set up a Darkroom. Again- time.

Ditto. Though now that I have started developing my own negatives there is no going back.
Darkroom is months away now. Have everything but the black-out material....and permission :blush:

I've always liked high contrast black and white but lately I've really been getting into the B & W from the K5 which is fairly neutral. I find it's great for portraits with the clarity slider backed off a little.

Back