Feedback Are you having to sign in more often?

Lightmancer

Legend
Name
Bill Palmer
Anyone else having to sign in every few days, here and XSpot? This is a new thing; I used to be able to leave personal pc/work laptop/tablet logged in all the time now I keep having to re-login. The only thing not affected is my 'phone where I access with Tapatalk. Doesn't appear to affect other websites, so I don't think it is a Chrome thing. Anyone else experiencing this, or is it just me?

I haven't been to the sister sites in awhile and I had previously checked the box "remember me on this computer". I just checked and have been signed out of all of them. Maybe some sort of forum software update?

I've been having to do this on all Amin's forums these last couple of weeks. Thought it was just my iPad but I seem to be doing it on my iMac also now. Some I haven't signed into because I can't remember the password and can't be bothered to go through "that" process each time either!

I haven't been to the sister sites in awhile and I had previously checked the box "remember me on this computer". I just checked and have been signed out of all of them. Maybe some sort of forum software update?

Yesterday there was a server upgrade that logged everyone out. But other than that, I don't know what is going on. I've asked our server admin to look into this.

I've been having to do this on all Amin's forums these last couple of weeks. Thought it was just my iPad but I seem to be doing it on my iMac also now. Some I haven't signed into because I can't remember the password and can't be bothered to go through "that" process each time either!

If this is happening on an iPhone or iPad, make sure safari is not running in "Private" mode. Open Safari, tap on the multiple tabs icon (should be furthest to right), and make sure Private is not highlighted.

For all others, make sure your browser is set to accept cookies, which is the default.

I haven't been logged out this past week, so I assume whatever happened with the server, it just passed over me while I wasn't online. iPad Mini.

I don't even have an apple in my fruit bowl ;) what puzzles me is that Tapatalk has stayed connected each time. I would have expected "one out, all out" for a server-level reset.

Back