Around the 'Hood with the 23/1.4

merlin

All-Pro
Name
Merlin Emrys
XT2F0485_lzn.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

XT2F0486_lzn.jpg

XT2F0488_lzn.jpg

XT2F0490_lzn.jpg

XT2F0491_lzn.jpg

XT2F0493_lzn.jpg

XT2F0495_lzn.jpg

XT2F0497_lzn.jpg

XT2F0498_lzn.jpg

XT2F0506_lzn.jpg

XT2F0508_lzn.jpg

XT2F0509_lzn.jpg

Yes. It was one of the very first photographs I took with the 23/1.4. Since then, especially on a long hike today, I discovered that it does not focus anywhere near as fast as my other Fuji lenses, and often will hunt a bit.

So it takes a bit more time to ensure that focus is achieved before pushing the shutter button.

So it takes a bit more time to ensure that focus is achieved before pushing the shutter button.
But that millisecond delay is worth it! It's a truly great lens. I've had mine for around 3 years now and took it and my X-T1 to Lisbon on an extended city break last week - still awesome after all this time. I look forward to seeing lots more images from you using it.

But that millisecond delay is worth it! It's a truly great lens. I've had mine for around 3 years now and took it and my X-T1 to Lisbon on an extended city break last week - still awesome after all this time. I look forward to seeing lots more images from you using it.

Thanks very much! The issue I was experiencing with some focusing delay turned out to be that the focus mode dial had inadvertently turned to C from S. After fixing it, the lens focuses very fast.

And yes, the IQ is awesome! I posted lots more photographs with it in another thread on the forum.

Back