"Around to it" - My brain works in mysterious ways...

Kevin

Code Monkey 🐒
Every time I view the Zeiss Touit lens 'sale' thread I see the name "Touit" and start mentally thinking "It's a lens named 'touit'... a round lens... a round touit... ha! 'a round touit!'.... 'When I get a round touit!' 😆'' and then, after making myself chuckle, remember I'm supposed to be a middle-aged adult and get back to work. Every. Single. Time.

*(Yes, I know, in English "Touit" is pronounced more like "do it" instead of "to it" but, still, my brain makes that 30 second diversion and makes me chuckle. And, if any of you now start thinking the same thing when you see that name, then my mission is accomplished. :p)

Every time I view the Zeiss Touit lens 'sale' thread I see the name "Touit" and start mentally thinking "It's a lens named 'touit'... a round lens... a round touit... ha! 'a round touit!'.... 'When I get a round touit!' 😆'' and then, after making myself chuckle, remember I'm supposed to be a middle-aged adult and get back to work. Every. Single. Time.
You're not alone in that, Kevin... years ago, a friend gave me a round Touit (because I was often heard to say I would do something when I got around to it). It was a round drinks coaster with touit printed around its edges. And every time I see a reference to the lens (or anything else relating to touits) I remember that gift!

I had to look it up when I first heard Zeiss was making XF mounts, and realized that whatever they spent on their marketing firm to come up with that brand name, they probably overpaid and then some. Yes, I really want to buy a lens named after a Parrot. :LOL: Fortunately they didn't skimp on the engineering or image quality, so I can't gripe too much.

Back