"As soon as I 'get Touit'...."

Found a very mint copy and just had to try it. Have been wanting a "normal" F/L since selling my Fuji 35 f2, and the Zeiss 32 f1.8 looked real nice. Well......it is extremely nice! The feeling with the rubber covered controls is very positive and smoooooth! The build quality appears outstanding in every detail. The hood fits well, and is deep and very protective. I doubt a lens cap would be needed except in a dusty windstorm. Initial pics show no noticeable corner or edge softness at any aperture. There may be some if you're shooting brick walls, but I don't do that, nor do I care. This lens seems to render very nicely for the type of shooting I do, thank you! More testing to follow.
X-T10Touit.jpg

I've been thinking the switch from XF 1.4/35 to this Touit 1.8/32. And this post didn't cure the itch. Any feelings, experience warmly welcomed. Clock is ticking, Touit out of stock in my local shop, and they get fulfillment in two weeks...

I've been thinking the switch from XF 1.4/35 to this Touit 1.8/32. And this post didn't cure the itch. Any feelings, experience warmly welcomed. Clock is ticking, Touit out of stock in my local shop, and they get fulfillment in two weeks...
I’ve had both. The AF performance is nearly identical. I would give the nod on build quality to the Zeiss. But by a narrow margin. Both are capable of excellent images. With each having it’s own unique look. I recommend going on flickriver and doing a search on each lens. See which produces images which you like the most.

I’ve had both. The AF performance is nearly identical. I would give the nod on build quality to the Zeiss. But by a narrow margin. Both are capable of excellent images. With each having it’s own unique look. I recommend going on flickriver and doing a search on each lens. See which produces images which you like the most.

Thanks, I’ve extensively searched and looked the Touit produced images on Fuji sensor and starting to turn towards Touit. I’m looking for extra motivation to continue my photography journey after very depressing times. I’ll put a bet on Touit :)

I am a long time Zeiss fan. I used to use Contax SLRs back in the day. I don't have this lens but I do have the 75mm Macro, which I have to say you would have to pry from my cold, dead fingers.

Yep, I did the research and understood that these lenses are made in Japan. It makes me even more curious. Coming a long way from film cameras to this date with digital marvels I’m looking new motivation. Hopefully this could be it.

A couple of cropped pics for you....
FUJI1837.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
X-T10 / f2.0
FUJI1844.JPG

X-T10 / F2.8

After wrestling with myself, I decided to wait a pre-owned sample of this lens to show up. I definately want to check it out, but saving money for XF 1.2/56, then my holy trinity would be perfect (23, 35, 56). But when get my hands on one Touit, I'll have a go and test myself which one will be keeper, XF 35 or Touit 32.

Thanks for helping me!

And here it is, unfortunately not so much to shoot at but one of the initial test shots. This X-T1 with Touit 32/F1.8 will depart me soon, I'll give it to my son to encourage him to develop his photography :(

45519410815_fb4af01f22_o.jpg

Back