Asiafish from Leicaplace

asiafish

All-Pro
Name
Andrew
Hello all, I think I saw the consolidation and joined here, but then forgot about the change and later couldn't find Leicaplace, which no longer exists.
So glad to find Cameraderie and all of the great photographers and friends I'd made at Leicaplace and hopefully new ones from the other forums.

While Leica and rangefinders are my favorite way to shoot (Leica M-D and CCD M Monochrom), I also own a Canon 6D with 50mm f/1.2L that I use for regular events and to record simple videos for my business.

For more casual travel I own and love the Fuji X100F that usually wears the TCL conversion lens to make it a 50mm instead of 35mm equivalent and which performed splendidly for a recent trip to Japan.

I also shoot film with a Leica M5, Canon EOS 620 (that 50/1.2L really is impressive on film), a Nikon F2A and a 1950 Rolleicord III with a 74mm f/3.5 Xenar.

In addition to the oddball choice of using digital rangefinders, I like to use vintage or vintage-like lenses.

My prized possession remains an uncoated 1937 Carl Zeiss Jena 5cm f/1.5 Sonnar that I purchased from Brian Sweeney some four or five-years-ago, a coated wartime 5cm f/2 Sonnar T, also from Brian, and a lovely 50mm f/1.4 SUmmilux v2 purchased from legendary Leica technician Sherry Krauter.

I also enjoy a 1951 Leica 5cm f/2 Summitar and am quite fond of the new though vintage-esque Voigtlander 35mm f/1.4 Nokton SC, which to me looks and feels (both in image quality and physical build) much like the Leica 35mm f/1.4 Summilux Pre-ASPH.

Image taken with Leica M-E and the 1937 Zeiss Sonnar (thanks again Brian)
A Fishkin - Shoes.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Back