Film At the LOMO store

Tdp

All-Pro
Stopped by the LOMO store downtown for a bit of browsing and shopping. All of these cameras shoot either 110, 120 or 35mm. All but the camera phone shot is from my EM5 with a CV 17.5

View attachment 67581
Lomo Shop by Photos By 夏天, on Flickr

View attachment 67582

View attachment 67583
Lomo Shop by Photos By 夏天, on FlickrView attachment 67584

View attachment 67585

View attachment 67586

8623947203_8f1d307f6c_b.png

View attachment 67587

This is a 110 that shoots only fisheye:

8623948989_0e5cec6ba3_c.jpg

And the end result, a 35mm wide angle metal camera with flash:

8623576677_b671db2028_b.jpg

Untitled by Photos By 夏天, on Flickr

awww
i miss the lomo store that was in downtown austin
it was so cool
they shut down tho :(
they had a meetup.com thing, and would have lomo workshops
$10 and you get a camera rental, a little photography lesson, and youd all go out as a group to shoot
it was fun!

The TLR is just a piece of **** (that is not for four stars), the biggest thing that bothers me about it is the amount of pressure required to trip the shutter. It is way too much.

Pertaining to the new toys, I haven't developed film since the early 90s when I rented time from the MWR photolab at Camp Foster, Okinawa. I miss those days....having to pull water from the water cooler because tap water was too warm to even show up on the charts :)

I wouldn't mind doing it again but I would need everything.

Developing is easy, but you know that... Just some tanks, reels and a couple of jugs. If you want to go fancy, then a changing bag. In lieu of printing, scan. For me working with film would be another time-consuming task which I don't think would add any enhancements to my images or skills. (I've developed film nearly every working day for a decade +.) You can probably get everything you'll need to start, including chemicals, for around $100 USD. If you want new stuff, for nearly nothing if you Craig's List and use some patience.

Gary

Am I the only one who wants a digital Lomo? I mean, you can still use crappy plastic lenses....maybe even built-in light leaks and design funky cool bodies. I'm just done with film. Is that an anti-Lomo sentiment? I don't think so, but I could be wrong. Hurrah for those keeping at it.

Am I the only one who wants a digital Lomo? I mean, you can still use crappy plastic lenses....maybe even built-in light leaks and design funky cool bodies. I'm just done with film. Is that an anti-Lomo sentiment? I don't think so, but I could be wrong. Hurrah for those keeping at it.

I'm pretty sure they had a few digitals there, I know a few other non LOMO specific stores have them.

I can dig around some Chinese sites to see if any of the vendors have pages. Web presence can get a little fuzzy in these parts with the smaller companies out there.

Back