Australia/New Zealand Photos

Petach

Hall of Famer
Oct 22, 2011
UK, Essex
Peter Tachauer
Hi all, been off the Fuji scene for a few weeks. Finding the (beloved) X100S impossible to handle at present due to increased PD tremor. Have had a couple of reasonable days but with uninspired shots from it.

However, have had a ball with the heavy artillery (Canon 6D +70-300L) which is much harder for the tremor to defeat. Hope you don't mind me posting these. Am currently in New Zealand (previously Australia) for 2 months.

Ballina Beach Surfer by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr

Be Braver Still.......! by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr

View attachment 18817
Be Brave! by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr

Big Breakers by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr

Rolling along on the crest of a wave by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr

above Boulder Beach NSW by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr

Boulder Beach Long Exposure by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr

There IS a god of photography after all.....! by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr

Ballina Beach Dawn by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr

christilou

Legend
Jul 13, 2010
Sunny Frimley
All lovely but I like the b & w best :) I have a slightly shaky right arm and find that I can hand hold the Leica M at much slower speeds due to it's brick like weight. I'm going to have to google Ballina Beach now!

BBW

Administrator Emeritus
Jul 7, 2010
betwixt and between
BB
Oh, Pete - these are beautiful!! Never worry about posting any of your photos here. I am sorry about the tremor being worse. Gosh now I am going to spend more time clicking through to your Flickrstream on these.

Petach

Hall of Famer
Oct 22, 2011
UK, Essex
Peter Tachauer
All lovely but I like the b & w best :) I have a slightly shaky right arm and find that I can hand hold the Leica M at much slower speeds due to it's brick like weight. I'm going to have to google Ballina Beach now!
Thanks, it is a lovely area to live or holiday.

Petach

Hall of Famer
Oct 22, 2011
UK, Essex
Peter Tachauer
Oh, Pete - these are beautiful!! Never worry about posting any of your photos here. I am sorry about the tremor being worse. Gosh now I am going to spend more time clicking through to your Flickrstream on these.
Thanks BB, very kind. I think I am just out of sync and once I settle into vacation mood it will all calm down

S Noel

All-Pro
Oct 5, 2010
Casey County, KY (Liberty)
Stephen Noel
Like them all, but the bolder beach in B&W, my favorite.

I also have hand tremors, and light cameras, even with IBIS cannot keep up. I have to either tripod, or "lock down" on something solid. But where there is a will, there is a way! ;)

carlb

All-Pro
Feb 6, 2013
Great shots, Pete! Use whatever works best.

I wonder if a monopod doubling as a walking stick, or the bit of taut line between shooting hand to under foot would be useful?

Latest threads

Top Bottom