Philosophy auto iso

that is correct. I just dug deeper into it. Misinformation or firmware update. a quote from dp review. (Auto ISO sensitivity selection is available in all mode except M. ISO sensitivity is fixed at ISO200 in mode M." (page 97)

but Zapp just put up the correct settings. Have they changed exposure compensation in Manual mode though? You cannot use exposure compensation in Manual mode. They figure you can use shutter/aperture to achieve proper exposure which is what alwaysonauto was referring to.

I shoot in Manual mode with auto ISO set to 6400 usually on my Z6. I almost never worry about exposure for my style of shooting. Only exception is portraits , then I will most often use lights.

Hi Tim, I'm aware that Nikon has the floating iso in manual mode because I shoot D7100 and D7500. It was the other companies I wasn't sure about and it's a feature I won't do without. If its not available on that body I wouldn't purchase that camera.

It's beginning to look like most modern manufacturer's have the floating iso (autoiso) in manual mode. Appreciate all the responses

thanks,

Back