Fuji Autofocus woes

With proper stage lighting you should be able to stop down further, unless you're going for a shallow depth of field look. If so, there's nothing wrong with snapping a few shots in quick succession and hope at least one of them is in focus.

Ido this quite often for the reason you described. Put on the motor drive, AF-C and do some short controlled bursts of 3-4 images at a time. Yes, you gotta go through more images at the end of the day, but your potential for getting an in focus shot increases. At least that has been my experience.

Ido this quite often for the reason you described. Put on the motor drive, AF-C and do some short controlled bursts of 3-4 images at a time. Yes, you gotta go through more images at the end of the day, but your potential for getting an in focus shot increases. At least that has been my experience.

I find if I'm photographing a dynamic show on stage (ie. the band members are rocking all over the stage), I'll take many shots anyway. You never know when you get the perfect shot until you go through your photos on your laptop the following day.

With proper stage lighting you should be able to stop down further, unless you're going for a shallow depth of field look. If so, there's nothing wrong with snapping a few shots in quick succession and hope at least one of them is in focus.
I only use largish apertures to keep the iso down and shutter speed up. This is something I will try at the next show. Unless the lighting is horrible.

One of my remaining old fuddyduddiness quirks is that I never think to embrace AF-C, or bursts. And I really need to start doing that. While I'll crutch on some technology, I completely gloss over other technology.

......One of my remaining old fuddyduddiness quirks is that I never think to embrace AF-C, or bursts. And I really need to start doing that. While I'll crutch on some technology, I completely gloss over other technology.
I never like the thought of bursts for events, always took me too long to get through the images from events as it was. And I often saw others doing it and it seemed like a flash would go off every 3-4 shot.

But I lived by AF-C.

Back