Fuji Automagically - A few with the new X100s

Up until this set all have been no more than a resize or crop at best, I think I did a little wb adjustment because I had it wrong in camera. These I tinkered with in LR. The only one that hasn't been is the purple flower one. That is a slight crop and resize but that's all. Luke told me that I could process my raw files after the fact in camera however I couldn't seem to get it to work so I have to look into it more. Also need to toy with the filters a bit, with adjusting color balances and I think I can program a couple faves [not as much customization as the GR] as my go tos.

Here Kristen...... this initial thread was written about the original X100, but it applies to the "S" as well. https://www.photographerslounge.org/f53/x100-raw-jpeg-conversion-camera-2405/

You shoot your RAW and then in playback mode, you can adjust sharpness (maybe called hardness), color, shadows, different film emulations, etc. and save it. It will save as a separate JPEG and leave your RAW file unaltered.......you can then do another one...and another and another, etc. Fuji does such a good job with processing, I may start doing this more and more often. Also, you can have the camera shoot a bracket of different film emulsions.

Now as soon as i'm done cooking, I'm going to dig out my manual that I have never even looked at and read it from cover to cover

The Ricoh did it too but I just never really tinkered with it after the fact even though I did some experimentation while in those modes. I could see then what the effect was having on what I was shooting, not that you can't in pp. I wonder if I had trouble doing it because I shot both jpg and raw. Also suddenly can't edit my raws in lightroom 3. Have to see if there is a fix for that. Thanks again Luke!

The Ricoh did it too but I just never really tinkered with it after the fact even though I did some experimentation while in those modes. I could see then what the effect was having on what I was shooting, not that you can't in pp. I wonder if I had trouble doing it because I shot both jpg and raw. Also suddenly can't edit my raws in lightroom 3. Have to see if there is a fix for that. Thanks again Luke!

I seem to remember a similar problem with jpg+raw in Lightroom and it was necessary to right click on the photo and "unstack" or whatever the option is. I think it's an import or file handling option but Lightroom will "conveniently" stack the raw and jpg into a single item in the library instead of as two separate files. Unstacking them gives you the two files again.

I may not be remembering that right, but I think that's what I did.

Back