Sony Automotive Photography with the NEX

rcubed

Rookie
5196006607_36fb2916aa.jpg

Thawing her out in the morning.

5197178502_3249ced3d2.jpg

Trying a winter rolling shot'

(Higher Res available by clicking the images.)

When I first got this camera, I wasnt so sure I could still use the automotive rigs because of the lack of a RF or wired remote trigger. I attempted this on the weekend and the results came out pretty well.

The first shot was taken with a Minolta 50mm f1.4 MD on the NEX-5 and the 2nd was shot using the kit 16mm lens mounted on my rig.
The setup and editing for the 2nd shot can be found here: STi Rear Rig shot.

All in all, i think the NEX-5 is a great versatile camera with a small footprint.

rcubed, don't worry "Granger" was a spammer and is gone now.;)

Thanks so much for your thawed Subaru photo and that one on the road, too! I need to know more about that "rear rig shot"! Very impressive and a bit nervous making from my point of view.

The more I see of these NEX photos the more I really feel like I need to keep my wallet locked up. Great results!

By the way, here's an unofficial welcome to the forums.:D

rcubed, don't worry "Granger" was a spammer and is gone now.;)

Thanks so much for your thawed Subaru photo and that one on the road, too! I need to know more about that "rear rig shot"! Very impressive and a bit nervous making from my point of view.

The more I see of these NEX photos the more I really feel like I need to keep my wallet locked up. Great results!

By the way, here's an unofficial welcome to the forums.:D

Thanks for the comments and the welcome!

Putting the NEX up for a high speed rig shot made me nervous as well. Normally, I'd shoot with a Canon XSI and a helper to push the car at extremely low speeds but I was working solo in this case and brought the car up to 40km/hr.

Since I too have a NEX, I often think when I see a really interesting shot that I should try to copy it. Not going anywhere near this one :eek:

I look forward to what else you have up your sleeves!

Since I too have a NEX, I often think when I see a really interesting shot that I should try to copy it. Not going anywhere near this one :eek:

I look forward to what else you have up your sleeves!
I just noticed you're from Vancouver too!
You're welcome, rcubed. As Kevin wrote, I'm looking forward to more, too, but will keep my little LX5 safely inside my MINI Cooper, when on the road.:D
I figured this camera would be light enough for high-risk stuff like this.

Thats not to say I wasn't extremely nervous when doing it though!

I have a Infrared Converted NEX-5 coming in the mail right now and im super excited to try it out.
Ill share the results when I get it!

Back