Fuji Autumn colours.

Iansky

All-Pro
Out today with the X100s, I wanted to capture some of natures autumn colours before they totally fade and the leaves fall.

22502689952_c7d3d48cfb_k.jpg
New Hampshire
by Dave Kavlich, on Flickr
Kangcamagus Highway White Mountains
X100T

The last time I drove the Kangcamagus Highway was probably over 15 years ago when I returned home to Boston from New Mexico to drive my mother and sister on a Fall foliage expedition. My mother passed away in February, a few weeks shy of her 99th birthday, so seeing the Kangcamagus mentioned was bitter sweet. It was a great time, though, and I appreciate the memory being jolted. Thanks for that, and for a great shot. Maybe it's just my Boston roots, but it still seems to me that there's nothing like a New England Autumn.

Love it.

Actually I love it so much that I've come back to edit this comment a day later. The reason I love it is because it is so spare, so sparse, yet has a narrative. There is humour and pathos in equal measure and also an air of mystery. Observation of the rule of thirds gives compositional harmony and the tree a splash of colour, but the otherwise bleak surroundings and the Autumnal feel trigger a sense of melancholy and of something that will soon - or already has - ended.

Last edited by a moderator:
syksy talissa 2016-10-02 13.05.54 FUJIFILM X100S ¹⁄₃₂₀ sec at ƒ - 5,6 ISO 400.jpg

X100S - SOOC JPEG - I just love the Autumn

Back