Nature Autumn Leaves

Mike G

All-Pro
Name
Mike Gorman
As the title says, not from an exotic location but from outside my front door!

Autumn Leaves-2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I love autumn foliage! All three are very pretty :)

I am a bit disappointed this year, the trees didn't turn like they normally do so I didn't get the very pretty bright orange and reds. Mostly yellow and brown. I also have a lot of pine trees by my house. I have to venture around the corner from me and get some shots of the park.

Thanks Britanica, the Red Leaves tree is about five yards from my front door and every year it usually puts on a very colourful display. This year is a bit different as in the leaves turned yellow and fell off, except for a few!

Grabbed a few shots of the autumn colours today before they are gone.

XT2 + 16-55mm.

Leaves 1.jpg
Leaves 2.jpg
Leaves 3.jpg
Leaves 4.jpg
Leaves 5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Britanica, the Red Leaves tree is about five yards from my front door and every year it usually puts on a very colourful display. This year is a bit different as in the leaves turned yellow and fell off, except for a few!

You are lucky! I am not sure why the leaves around here aren't very red or orange. I think it may be because we had a long, dry summer. I mean it is normally in the 40's and 50's this time of year and it will be 76 tomorrow!

It has hit the mid 80s here the last few days, a full 20 degrees higher than normal. At least our nights have been cool and comfortable.

Wow that is high for fall, what state are you in? It is going to be 76 tomorrow here. Chilly today but not cold. Guess that is good for the kids who go out.

Tony, I come from the "Smoke" or London. In the U.K. Trick or treat or Halloween is a Scottish tradition and is much more muted than the American version, sadly in my opinion due to television there is a growing habit of aping Americanisms over here, which of course is not a criticism of the USA Way just my particular view of the way American habits are creeping into the British traditions. Spelling is another problem but I won't go into that one.

Tony, I come from the "Smoke" or London. In the U.K. Trick or treat or Halloween is a Scottish tradition and is much more muted than the American version, sadly in my opinion due to television there is a growing habit of aping Americanisms over here, which of course is not a criticism of the USA Way just my particular view of the way American habits are creeping into the British traditions. Spelling is another problem but I won't go into that one.
LOL . . . . that's OK, just wait until we teach you and the Aussies the proper side of the road on which to drive. :D

West Virginia. I'm assuming you're in the States, since you mention Trick-or-Treat, or do other countries do that?

Yes I am in the states but other countries do it as well. I believe the UK and surrounding areas, Canada, and Mexico do it.

I am used to seeing snow already haha

Back