Nature Autumn Leaves

pers_leaves_Can6D_can28to135_Nov22_sq_smaller.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I've done 7 or 8 major leaf clean-ups around our house since Autumn began. A howling wind today deposited yet another carpet of leaves on our roof and back yard from all the Beech and Oak trees surrounding the back yard.

View attachment 349873
Tony, our neighbour across the road is absolutely determined to get every leaf, every day. Of course, many Australian natives shed their leaves continuously, depending on the weather, not the seasons. So constant leaf blower!

He (and family) are the nicest people imaginable, he does the edges of our footpath ("nature strip" in Victoria) every week or so, and our next door neighbour mows said footpath. We couldn't ask for nicer, kinder neighbours than all the ones we have.

But, the leaves are a losing battle here in Oz ... !

Tony, our neighbour across the road is absolutely determined to get every leaf, every day. Of course, many Australian natives shed their leaves continuously, depending on the weather, not the seasons. So constant leaf blower!

He (and family) are the nicest people imaginable, he does the edges of our footpath ("nature strip" in Victoria) every week or so, and our next door neighbour mows said footpath. We couldn't ask for nicer, kinder neighbours than all the ones we have.

But, the leaves are a losing battle here in Oz ... !
I have a neighbor very much like that. Very nice people, but they mow their lawns twice a week from February through December without fail, even when it's raining.

I have a lot of very tall trees around our house. One year I tried waiting until every leaf was off of all the trees before the cleanup, and it was an absolute nightmare to clean.

Back