Fuji XT1, 14mm 2.8 R, f16, 1/30 (handheld), ISO640
BlytheStorm_AutumnRothiemurchus-0570.JPG

Fuji XT1, Fuji 14mm 2.8 R, f8, 1/45sec, ISO400

(hope I posted these ok this time)

Mike G

All-Pro
Name
Mike Gorman
Brilliant Blythe, how do you find Lightroom treats Fuji RAF files. I find it very good with Fuji files and now I'm getting used to it. And after many years as a Nikon shooter I think that Lr is quite OK for RAF files, so as I had a bit of history with using Lr it was the obvious choice.

I was recommended to try PhotoNinja as an alternative, but I keep coming back to Lr, but use PN as an external editor from within Lr!

I apologise for trying to teach you to suck eggs, you obviously don't need me to give you advice on how to post your images.:sorry:

Britanica

Veteran
Name
Britanica
Very nice! The rocks with the water over them look beautiful. I tend to pick up some weird movement and glares when I try shots like this.

B

Blythe

Very nice! The rocks with the water over them look beautiful. I tend to pick up some weird movement and glares when I try shots like this.

It works best on a cloudy day I have found. We get a lot of those in Scotland so you get used to making the most of every weather or you'd never get out the house.

B

Blythe

Brilliant Blythe, how do you find Lightroom treats Fuji RAF files. I find it very good with Fuji files and now I'm getting used to it. And after many years as a Nikon shooter I think that Lr is quite OK for RAF files, so as I had a bit of history with using Lr it was the obvious choice.

I was recommended to try PhotoNinja as an alternative, but I keep coming back to Lr, but use PN as an external editor from within Lr!

I apologise for trying to teach you to suck eggs, you obviously don't need me to give you advice on how to post your images.:sorry:

Initially when I had my XPro1, I didn't find Lightroom to be very good without some fiddling about, although this fiddling could be saved as a setting and automatically applied. However, the newer versions seem to be quite good with them. In fact, I do considerably less work on these than my Nikon NEF files. I often find that I need to reclaim the highlights quite a bit, and turn the sharpening to 50. Apart from that, and selecting a film replication (either Velvia or Provia usually), I don't do very much at all.

Mike G

All-Pro
Name
Mike Gorman
Thanks Blythe, I agree with your findings, my Fuji journey started in January with an X-T1 whilst waiting for the X-T2 and had no problems with Lr and yes certainly the later iterations are even better!

Britanica

Veteran
Name
Britanica
It works best on a cloudy day I have found. We get a lot of those in Scotland so you get used to making the most of every weather or you'd never get out the house.
I will have to try this out. We have been having cloudy/rainy days here. I have a small stream way in my backyard. I guess it would make sense that the more light that hits it the more reflective images you would get in the water. Thanks for the tip!