Three shots from Loch an Eilein, Rothiemurchus, Aviemore, Highlands, Scotland

BlytheStorm_AutumnRothiemurchus-0560.JPG

Fuji XT1, Fuji 14mm 2.8 R, f11, 1/105sec, ISO400
BlytheStorm_AutumnRothiemurchus-0551.JPG

Fuji XT1, 14mm 2.8 R, f16, 1/30 (handheld), ISO640
BlytheStorm_AutumnRothiemurchus-0570.JPG

Fuji XT1, Fuji 14mm 2.8 R, f8, 1/45sec, ISO400

(hope I posted these ok this time)

Brilliant Blythe, how do you find Lightroom treats Fuji RAF files. I find it very good with Fuji files and now I'm getting used to it. And after many years as a Nikon shooter I think that Lr is quite OK for RAF files, so as I had a bit of history with using Lr it was the obvious choice.

I was recommended to try PhotoNinja as an alternative, but I keep coming back to Lr, but use PN as an external editor from within Lr!

I apologise for trying to teach you to suck eggs, you obviously don't need me to give you advice on how to post your images.:sorry:

Very nice! The rocks with the water over them look beautiful. I tend to pick up some weird movement and glares when I try shots like this.

Very nice! The rocks with the water over them look beautiful. I tend to pick up some weird movement and glares when I try shots like this.

It works best on a cloudy day I have found. We get a lot of those in Scotland so you get used to making the most of every weather or you'd never get out the house.

Brilliant Blythe, how do you find Lightroom treats Fuji RAF files. I find it very good with Fuji files and now I'm getting used to it. And after many years as a Nikon shooter I think that Lr is quite OK for RAF files, so as I had a bit of history with using Lr it was the obvious choice.

I was recommended to try PhotoNinja as an alternative, but I keep coming back to Lr, but use PN as an external editor from within Lr!

I apologise for trying to teach you to suck eggs, you obviously don't need me to give you advice on how to post your images.:sorry:

Initially when I had my XPro1, I didn't find Lightroom to be very good without some fiddling about, although this fiddling could be saved as a setting and automatically applied. However, the newer versions seem to be quite good with them. In fact, I do considerably less work on these than my Nikon NEF files. I often find that I need to reclaim the highlights quite a bit, and turn the sharpening to 50. Apart from that, and selecting a film replication (either Velvia or Provia usually), I don't do very much at all.

Thanks Blythe, I agree with your findings, my Fuji journey started in January with an X-T1 whilst waiting for the X-T2 and had no problems with Lr and yes certainly the later iterations are even better!

It works best on a cloudy day I have found. We get a lot of those in Scotland so you get used to making the most of every weather or you'd never get out the house.
I will have to try this out. We have been having cloudy/rainy days here. I have a small stream way in my backyard. I guess it would make sense that the more light that hits it the more reflective images you would get in the water. Thanks for the tip!

Back