"Aviation Photo Thread" (Planes, Helos, Balloons, etc)...

DSC_9939.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Sometimes synchronicity prods us in strange ways

Yesterday at the market I saw this sign and noticed various strange things about it - there seems to have been an additional *S* at the end of the word,
which they tried to delete, but there is also an obvious spelling mistake...
all in all though, it sharply reminded me of the tragic loss of two Albatross aircraft with all unlucky 13 souls on board this day in 2011 - may they all RiP

Crash date : 14 August 2011 - these two identical aircraft were returning 'home' after attending an airshow in Tzaneen : on board everybody connected to
the aviation 'family' in SA - wives and family of display pilots with their children, also Frans Dely : aviation photographer supreme and my friend and mentor.
This tragic accident rocked the aviation fraternity hugely and left big holes in many hearts

Albatross_RiP 14 Aug 2011.jpg

(my photo: Nikon D3)

Web 1500_FUJZ5176 Market Albatros Str mis-spelled.jpg

x-crash Albatross information.JPG

Last edited:
Sometimes synchronicity prods us in strange ways

Yesterday at the market I saw this sign and noticed various strange things about it - there seems to have been an additional *S* at the end of the word,
which they tried to delete, but there is also an obvious spelling mistake...
all in all though, it sharply reminded me of the tragic loss of two Albatross aircraft with all unlucky 13 souls on board this day in 2011 - may they all RiP

Crash date : 14 August 2011 - these two identical aircraft were returning 'home' after attending an airshow in Tzaneen : on board everybody connected to
the aviation 'family' in SA - wives and family of display pilots with their children, also Frans Dely : aviation photographer supreme and my friend and mentor.
This tragic accident rocked the aviation fraternity hugely and left big holes in many hearts

View attachment 329410
(my photo: Nikon D3)

View attachment 329409

View attachment 329411
Someone definitely needs a spelling lesson. I don’t think the issue was too many “s’s”, but one too many “r’s”.

Synchronicity can be an odd thing though, can’t it? It’s nicer though when it doesn’t remind you of such a terrible occurrence however, and the loss of your mentor.

I don’t think the issue was too many “s’s”, but one too many “r’s

Exactly :) hence I said "obvious spelling mistake"

Synchronicity can be an odd thing though, can’t it? It’s nicer though when it doesn’t remind you of such a terrible occurrence however, and the loss of your mentor

Yes, isn't it... it makes you pull up and assess the machinery of life, the universe and everything

A couple off days ago I noticed a lot of hot air balloons in the distance. I guess it was some kind of balloon event. Luckily the wind blew them in my direction. Quickly grabbed the camera and shot some closeups.
This was also a nice test for the 2x teleconvertor. I did notice it was struggling sometimes to find focus, even on something big and obvious as a hot air balloon.

I'm not sure the images "work", the sky was grey and dull....

Anyway, all input is welcome.

KD-20220821-0006.jpg
KD-20220821-0022.jpg
KD-20220821-0027.jpg
KD-20220821-0031.jpg
KD-20220821-0059.jpg
KD-20220821-0075.jpg
KD-20220821-0112_01.jpg
KD-20220821-0122.jpg

KD-20220821-0171.jpg
KD-20220821-0200.jpg
KD-20220821-0396.jpg

Back