"Aviation Photo Thread" (Planes, Helos, Balloons, etc)...

Crisp, clear and with good color! (As far as I know.)

Do you calibrate your monitor(s)?
Getting a calibration device and using it will give you confidence that the colors you see is the same as other people with calibrated monitors.
People that have not calibrated their monitors might see other colors.

Thanks. Not yet on the calibration tool, it's on my list but most discretionary purchases are on hold until I shuffle some budget stuff. Rent is going up $160 per month, need to get rid of a few other expenses to recover some of my budget buffer.

edit - how's the size? I don't want to post too large, but what I had been posting was too small for me to see well.

Photo thread - been slowly going through and re-working old aviation images when taking breaks from trying to get my 10x10 storage room emptied out. Most of what I had previously done now look like large thumbnails on the new monitor (27" 3840x2160), and the colors don't look right on some.

Re-processed B-17G from the Thunder & Lightning Over AZ airshow last November. Curious to hear thoughts on size, color, sharpness, etc...
View attachment 336365
Gordon, I've also found that modern PP software does a far superior job to (say) Photoshop CS2.

Superb image, BTW.

I also agree about calibration.

Rent definitely takes precedence over photo gear ...

Gordon, I've also found that modern PP software does a far superior job to (say) Photoshop CS2.

Superb image, BTW.

Thanks. Some of the shots I thought were "meh" actually look pretty good as 3840x2160 wallpapers. This new monitor is a serious upgrade over the bottom-feeder bigbox store unit I was using.

Thanks. Some of the shots I thought were "meh" actually look pretty good as 3840x2160 wallpapers. This new monitor is a serious upgrade over the bottom-feeder bigbox store unit I was using.
Yeah. Many people do not realise how important a good monitor is.

I have a Dell UP2516D. 100% aRGB, 2560x1440. Nice images ... :D .
About 1/3rd the cost of the rest of a respectable computer. And worth every cent.

The display is almost identical to an A2 print size. Useful.

IM5_7595-IreneMcC.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks. Not yet on the calibration tool, it's on my list but most discretionary purchases are on hold until I shuffle some budget stuff. Rent is going up $160 per month, need to get rid of a few other expenses to recover some of my budget buffer.

edit - how's the size? I don't want to post too large, but what I had been posting was too small for me to see well.
Size is fine, as you probably know the forum SW resizes to 1600 pixels on the long side.
I resize my pictures to 1600 on the long side before uploading here, basically I create 2 versions of each picture, 1 in original size and 1 for the web with 1600 pixels.

Size is fine, as you probably know the forum SW resizes to 1600 pixels on the long side.
I resize my pictures to 1600 on the long side before uploading here, basically I create 2 versions of each picture, 1 in original size and 1 for the web with 1600 pixels.

I saw that size yesterday in another thread. Not sure why I didn't remember it, I'm sure I've read it before. I'll be doing the same from here forward.

Our air force base had an airshow this weekend. The Thunderbirds performed their precision formations over the show. Here are the Thunderbirds in flight. And one of my wife with her Olympus and the 40-150 2.8 plus 1.4x converter enjoying the flyovers.
M12X3996.jpg
M12X3999.jpg
M12X4005.jpg
M12X4010.jpg

We went to the base on Sunday. Lots of walking for this old guy but the AF had the little golf carts and they took pity on me and took us from the parking lot to the entrance (about 1 1/2 miles). We walked forever in the heat and got a ride back when we left. Still had to walk half a mile from where we were left off but it was good. All the walking on the concrete did a number on my hips for several hours. We then had football to photograph on Monday (Junior Varsity) but it was on artificial turf and that was not as bad on my hips. Here are some from the air show.

DSC_1031.jpg
DSC_1034.jpg
DSC_1039.jpg
DSC_1049.jpg
DSC_1052.jpg
DSC_1053.jpg
DSC_1055.jpg
DSC_1079.jpg
DSC_1098.jpg
DSC_1105.jpg
DSC_1112.jpg
DSC_1113.jpg
DSC_1118.jpg
DSC_1121.jpg
DSC_1125.jpg

Back