"Aviation Photo Thread" (Planes, Helos, Balloons, etc)...

flying above the valley of Aosta/Italy
pict 007.jpg

Brooklands Aircraft Museum

View attachment 228416Concorde flight deck
View attachment 228417
This picture reminds me of what Astronauts Bob and Doug said about the new Dragon crew capsule. "So this is what a 21st century spacecraft looks like." Three huge touchscreens and not much else. This cockpit looks like the Apollo capsules and the Space Shuttles, i.e., lots of dials and switches.

for a break: Standard Libelle you have seen in other pictures before flying towards Gr. St. Bernhard.
This image was used, many years ago, by the British Gliding Association for their Christmas card.
IMG_0001_800.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Scan from the original card. The pic was taken on b&w film. The canopy had a dark green colour, this is why it looks black.

Glider pilots clearly have nerves of steel. If I was flying an unpowered aircraft I don't think I would let the airfield out of my sight, certainly not to go exploring some mountainous cul-de-sac.

-R
Richard you are right. But flying in this mountainous area makes pilots feel ecstatic for hours.
When I was up there to take pics I experienced the same feeling and never bothered about any serious consequences.

Back