"Aviation Photo Thread" (Planes, Helos, Balloons, etc)...

50515190192_0c1ee5c7eb_h.jpg

Air Asia 9M RAE About to be Towed - Bali Ngurah Rai International Airport
by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

Snapped a photo of Air Asia’s Airbus A320-216, 9M RAE at the air bridge at Bali Ngurah Rai International airport.

I was a bit surprised as, as other low-cost carriers flying in and out of Bali they seem to have to make use of buses to get passengers on and off planes. Even flying Guardia, Indonesia national airline has seen us doing the bus shuttle.

20210207-DSCF2481.jpg

Boeing 747's at Kemble airfield, Gloucestershire, UK. The pandemic has brought forward the retirement for BA's fleet of ageing 747's, engines already gone.

I wonder if they're going to auction off any of the innards from the cockpits, as they did with surplus cabin equipment recently. We bought some little china dishes which were previously used for handing out snacks in business class. One of these days we'll figure out what to do with them ...

-R

Jock,
Sorry I don't have a Wellington. Closest I can find is this Halifax.
Those tailgunners had the worst job in the world; 40% chance of coming home dead every sortie, -35degrees up there (teeth shattering cold). And, I've heard of a tailgunner reporting to the ground crew that his bubble fogged up so he couldn't see the enemy, nor his buddy's bomber. So the mechanic just took out a couple of the perspex panels!
E089AB7E-BAAC-4031-A0F0-9DDDFBBF2918.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Back