"Aviation Photo Thread" (Planes, Helos, Balloons, etc)...

Sad posting. Commemorative Air Force Bell P-63 Kingcobra and B-17 "Texas Raiders" collided at the Wings Over Dallas Airshow today. The P-63 impacted the B-17s fuselage behind its wings, both aircraft broke apart and impacted the ground. Not sure of the number of total people on board, still haven't seen anything about survivors. The videos are difficult to watch. :cry:

Sad posting. Commemorative Air Force Bell P-63 Kingcobra and B-17 "Texas Raiders" collided at the Wings Over Dallas Airshow today. The P-63 impacted the B-17s fuselage behind its wings, both aircraft broke apart and impacted the ground. Not sure of the number of total people on board, still haven't seen anything about survivors. The videos are difficult to watch. :cry:
Thank you for adding some more information. All I had seen up to now was a very tight lipped comment alluding to a terrible tragedy, without any details at all, but it doesn't sound good :(

Thank you for adding some more information. All I had seen up to now was a very tight lipped comment alluding to a terrible tragedy, without any details at all, but it doesn't sound good :(

One of the videos has sound and you can hear the aircraft hit and break, the B-17 was already burning in-air, then the fireball and explosion on ground impact. About 3 seconds from mid-air to ground impact. Honestly, I'll be surprised (and happy) if there are any survivors.

Youtube and Twitter have quite a few videos if anyone needs to see it.

220614_PTP_0240.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Back