"Aviation Photo Thread" (Planes, Helos, Balloons, etc)...

As it says ... it's a Kitfox, seen at Swellengrebel, 2014

Web 1500_ILH_2632 Swellendam Kitfox CP.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Had a great day out at a WW2 air show, got a bit sunburnt but well worth it. Lancasters, Spitfire, Hurricane and Mosquito. Couple of re-enactments too :)

Fly past.jpeg
Flypast 2.jpeg
Flypast 3.jpeg
Hurricane.jpeg
Lancaster  1.jpeg
Lancaster Bomb Doors.jpeg
Lancaster flypast.jpeg
Lancaster.jpeg
Mosquito.jpeg
Spitfire Hurricane.jpeg
Spitfire.jpeg

Can you supply more info on this rather interesting looking aircraft please Irene?
Asked and answered :) Your post came through at 2:30am our time while I was sleeping :)

Of further interest might be that this was the type of plane in which John Denver fatally crashed

Also, around the time of his death, the type of plane he was flying was responsible for 61 accidents, 19 of which were fatal.
At 5:28 PM, as many as a dozen witnesses saw Denver’s experimental Adrian Davis Long EZ (which he owned) take a nose-dive into the ocean.

Asked and answered :) Your post came through at 2:30am our time while I was sleeping :)

Of further interest might be that this was the type of plane in which John Denver fatally crashed

Also, around the time of his death, the type of plane he was flying was responsible for 61 accidents, 19 of which were fatal.
At 5:28 PM, as many as a dozen witnesses saw Denver’s experimental Adrian Davis Long EZ (which he owned) take a nose-dive into the ocean.
We used to make a plane like that here. It was called the Nomad.

The first, and only, time I flew in one from Brisbane to Maroochydore, I was terrified.

It did not have a good track record, and I was unaware of that when I went on that flight. Handled like a 1960s American car ...

Modern military aircraft have canards (small wings in front of the main wings) like that yellow aircraft to make them highly manoeuvrable for air supremacy - I'm thinking of the Eurofighter Typhoon, Dassault Rafale and Saab Gripen, which all look the same to me. The same canards which allow those aircraft to turn on a sixpence also make them inherently unstable, and they only stay in the air because powerful computers are at work between the pilot's inputs and the control surfaces.

I wonder if the yellow plane and its like, without the benefit of computer assistance, are harder to fly and more likely to bite you than conventional designs?

-R

Modern military aircraft have canards (small wings in front of the main wings) like that yellow aircraft to make them highly manoeuvrable for air supremacy - I'm thinking of the Eurofighter Typhoon, Dassault Rafale and Saab Gripen, which all look the same to me. The same canards which allow those aircraft to turn on a sixpence also make them inherently unstable, and they only stay in the air because powerful computers are at work between the pilot's inputs and the control surfaces.

I wonder if the yellow plane and its like, without the benefit of computer assistance, are harder to fly and more likely to bite you than conventional designs?

-R
@Richard Check this one out from WW2: Miles M.39B Libellula - Wikipedia

Back