B&W Portraits

P8032177.2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
P8032176.2.jpg

Attachments

• P8032179.2.jpg
    P8032179.2.jpg
    306.5 KB · Views: 40
OVI08999.JPG

Converted to B&W in Lightroom (yus, I am a criminal, send me to jail for breaking the law :p ) and added a bit of vignetting and grain. I am pretty happy with the balance of grain and sharpness. But I am not very happy with Sony FE 50mm f 1.8 because it's not particularly sharp wider than f 2.8-4 (where my Tamron 28-75mm f 2.8 G2 is significantly sharper) and the chromatic aberrations are too much (it takes a lot of time to correct because it has the deep purple type that Lightroom struggles to fix with profiles or manual dropper). I would like to change the lens to something that's sharper before having to stop down to my zoom lens.

Portrait photography is the hardest type of picture for me to make (aside from street photography) because of my anxiety around all people, lack of social skills and communication, and the fact that I can't find anyone willing to have their portraits made. But it's something I would love very much to try and learn.

View attachment 329524
Converted to B&W in Lightroom (yus, I am a criminal, send me to jail for breaking the law :p ) and added a bit of vignetting and grain. I am pretty happy with the balance of grain and sharpness. But I am not very happy with Sony FE 50mm f 1.8 because it's not particularly sharp wider than f 2.8-4 (where my Tamron 28-75mm f 2.8 G2 is significantly sharper) and the chromatic aberrations are too much (it takes a lot of time to correct because it has the deep purple type that Lightroom struggles to fix with profiles or manual dropper). I would like to change the lens to something that's sharper before having to stop down to my zoom lens.

Portrait photography is the hardest type of picture for me to make (aside from street photography) because of my anxiety around all people, lack of social skills and communication, and the fact that I can't find anyone willing to have their portraits made. But it's something I would love very much to try and learn.
Well, you've certainly found a beautiful and photogenic model here. I also really like the portrait.....the pose, the B&W conversion and the additional post processing. Well done!

This old man has been extremely difficult to take a portrait of. He "dun wan it", nor does he want to collaborate on making it a photo, and he's all kinds of reclusive on his boat and just being very elusive in general when the camera gets out of the bag.

So, might as well let you guys in on this one. Meet P, one of the four people we're making a documentary about. They are all a part of a collective that moved to a remote location in southern Sweden, and started a fine company making leather products while partying a lot. They are old hippies and lived that life. We think they are part of history, and want to document their journeys, both as a collective but also as individuals.

ETA for the documentary should be about next year (it's just me and wifey) and will not be in English, so you might not be able to enjoy it, but you can enjoy some pictures of the progress here and there.

666E6A87-5F1B-4DAC-B9FB-74161097B383_1_105_c.jpeg

Back