• Cameraderie, a friendly photography forum for photographers and camera enthusiasts!
    If you are looking for critique, tips, advice, buying recommendations, or just want to talk to fellow enthusiasts then join now for free!

B&W: Words/No Words

While I've yet to see it in person the Fulton Center's "Sky Reflector-Net" has become one of those spots I must visit if/when I'm in NYC again. I might have a hard time explaining to my wife why I want to go there but she'll go along. I'm used to seeing shots of it in color so a B&W caught my attention, it really gives a much more dramatic perspective! 👍

serhan

Regular
May 7, 2011
NYC
Thank you very much. It was my second time there. I usually go for business meetings to that area, but end up going back to the office. It was an afternoon meeting, so I had a chance to take couple shots. The winter light might helped as I didn't edit much. Also the level that I was at when I look at the first shot that I had. I don't like the flip up screens much, but in this case it helped to get a good view of the shot...

I google searched the photos of Fulton's Center and see all the variations which is interesting. I should try at night too... Also I found below article at LL after I shot the Oculus building, need to go try different angles:
Abstract Architectural Photography – Unleash Your Creativity - Luminous Landscape

While I've yet to see it in person the Fulton Center's "Sky Reflector-Net" has become one of those spots I must visit if/when I'm in NYC again. I might have a hard time explaining to my wife why I want to go there but she'll go along. I'm used to seeing shots of it in color so a B&W caught my attention, it really gives a much more dramatic perspective! 👍

Last edited:

Latest threads

Top Bottom