B&W B&W: Words/No Words

DSCF6034.jpg

Minolta Dynax 5, Minolta AF 2.8/28 + orange filter, Fomapan 400@400, ID-68 (1+0, 20°C, 9', 60/60x3)

Last edited:
OVI04194.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The clock started ticking, the long month experiment of shooting only Black & White. It's been a difficult 2 days so far, not everything looks pretty in B&W and I have yet to learn how direct or diffused light makes a difference in how the picture will come out.

OVI04196.JPG

I am trying to find out how best to edit the files because I am finding my usual preferences do not apply very well. I think I prefer a softer SooC clarity and sharpness, a more contrasty difference between shadows and highlights.

OVI04198.JPG

Hopefully, I will come out of this with a more enlightened perspective, 28 more days to go.

View attachment 387391
The clock started ticking, the long month experiment of shooting only Black & White. It's been a difficult 2 days so far, not everything looks pretty in B&W and I have yet to learn how direct or diffused light makes a difference in how the picture will come out.

View attachment 387392
I am trying to find out how best to edit the files because I am finding my usual preferences do not apply very well. I think I prefer a softer SooC clarity and sharpness, a more contrasty difference between shadows and highlights.

View attachment 387393
Hopefully, I will come out of this with a more enlightened perspective, 28 more days to go.

My favorite among these three photos, Ovi, is the 3rd one - of the flowers. For a number of reasons, including the richness and subtlety of the different grays in the flowers themselves.

Back