B&W B&W: Words/No Words

P1024216.2.JPG

P1024215.2.JPG

Last edited:
It looks like you're bonding quite well, with the Pen-f. I like what I'm seeing, Miguel!

Thank you, David. I'm finding it's a truly fun camera to shoot with...and one with a different feel than some of my other cameras. Which is not to say that it will replace them (though it definitely replaced my Rx1r, with zero regrets) - but it just seems to have a silent way of begging one to pick it up and shoot with, if you know what I mean? ;)

Damn...! another great shot, Don :) but - yes, seriously .... I love this image too. And its subtle-but-effective monochrome processing. It's really, really nice.
Thank Miguel, I am finding this original CCD monochrome has a really great way of rendering. And I really appreciate you taking time to comment! Oh, and I have admired your images from the PenF. That is a camera I am really tempted to try. I still use the EP-5 sometimes and like both the size and results. But it might be time to update if I find a good price.

Last edited:
Thanks Rene I always shoot classic chrome sometimes I like it more than B/W but that's not very often šŸ˜‰ I forgot to say I use silver effix and Topaz B/W.
Iā€™ve been meaning to ask the same question myself, Leeland. Interesting that you use Topaz. I used to use that, but Iā€™d moved to using either Silver Efex, Tonality or just the Lightroom mono profiles. I might give Topaz another try!

Iā€™ve been meaning to ask the same question myself, Leeland. Interesting that you use Topaz. I used to use that, but Iā€™d moved to using either Silver Efex, Tonality or just the Lightroom mono profiles. I might give Topaz another try!
Yes Martin I just find Topaz a bit quicker than Silver Efex but in the mane I think Silver Efex is better.

Back