B&W B&W: Words/No Words

Z60_2368.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

M.

This is the first version of the photo above, sort of "normal" shades. In the first one I went through a little PP to get some more graphic abstraction (yet not too much). I'd appreciate some feedback which of the two you like more / find better.
I'll attach the first one again for better direct comparison.
P6047056.2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Attachments

• P6047056.2Wf.jpg
    P6047056.2Wf.jpg
    486.1 KB · Views: 69
This is the first version of the photo above, sort of "normal" shades. In the first one I went through a little PP to get some more graphic abstraction (yet not too much). I'd appreciate some feedback which of the two you like more / find better.
I'll attach the first one again for better direct comparison.
View attachment 260411
I like this version as well but the first one a lot more.
That processing suits the subject much better. It brings it alive, gritty mood and all - purely subjective of course.

I like this version as well but the first one a lot more.
That processing suits the subject much better. It brings it alive, gritty mood and all - purely subjective of course.
I agree with Bart insofar as I'd say the first version is much moodier, grittier and more powerful. But the second version has smooth transitions and a very balanced feel to it that has its own merits. I'm torn, to be honest. I'd probably chosen the first one as well at a glance, but now that I took a closer look, I'm not so sure anymore ... Sorry, I know I'm not helping ;)

M.

Last edited:
I agree with Bart insofar as I'd say the first version is much moodier, grittier and more powerful. But the second version has smooth transitions and a very balanced feel to it that has its own merits. I'm torn, to be honest. I'd probably chosen the first one as well at a glance, but now that I took a closer look, I'm not so sure anymore ... Sorry, I know I'm not helping ;)

M.
Those were exactly my feelings. Hard to decide as both have their special "look".
Thanks all for your feedback, very much appreciated.
The reason why I took this shot: it reminded of Malvina's song Little Boxes.

Last edited:
Back