B&W B&W: Words/No Words

P4220736.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

@mike3996
Your photo has a timeless look to it. That’s why I suggested sepia. This looks better to my eye. I don’t know how to do sepia. I’m still at square 0.4 in the PP world.
What looks best to YOUR eye?… is more relevant.

48716430336_5a4c94ab38_h.jpg

L'Etoile Maison d'hotes - La Bastide-Puylaurent by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

The L'Etoile Maison d'hotes was our accommodation for the night in La Bastide-Puylaurent. The building is a former resort hotel and whilst not as grand today still very much echoes its past.

We had a most enjoyable stay here, with the owner Philippe sponsoring trainees from other European countries we were entertained by a young Russian girl who could both sing and play the piano magnificently. A most memorable evening indeed.

As is the way in such accommodation, meals are a group experience which just adds to the whole ambience, more so when you can speak French 😊

Day 5 of 12 - Le Cheylard l’Evèque to La Bastide-Puylaurent: Walking the Chemin de Stevenson (GR 70 Robert Louis Stevenson Trail) in the south of France.

48764018288_fddf7bf793_h.jpg

La Bastide-Puylaurent railway station - Chemin de Stevenson-2018-D6-02 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

As you leave La Bastide-Puylaurent the Chemin de Stevenson passes the La Bastide-Puylaurent railway station which appears to still be in use. Just past the station, the trail crosses the railway line and the ascent out of the river valley begins.

Day 6 of 12 - La Bastide-Puylaurent to Chasserades: Walking the Chemin de Stevenson (GR 70 Robert Louis Stevenson Trail) in the south of France.

Back