B&W B&W: Words/No Words

Z50_3976.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

M.

Please tell me if I have been too active posting my photos from the last two decades.
I just got my retreat, and finally, I have extra time.
Do you think I am on the wrong site?
Tell me.
Not at all - you're absolutely welcome. I'm not sure why you seem(!) to shrink them somewhat - most times, when I click on them, they appear to be "full size" (which means, on this site, 1600px to the longest side). I'd love to see them in all their glory! I'm not sure it's intentional, though - might be the smartphone browser or whatever ...

M.

@Fatman974

Please tell me if I have been too active posting my photos from the last two decades.
Tell me.
NO! You haven’t been too active.
1- You’re relatively new here - so there’s lots you haven’t shown THIS audience.
2- I’ve enjoyed your photography.
3- If you have a lot of extra time… use some of it to create a project
4- Use other extra time to chase wine, women and song

Tell me.
I've got photos going back to the late 1950s on my website.

This site here is for photography. No one is going to give you a hard time about posting photos. Maybe, if you post a whole lot of photos in an inappropriate forum/thread, but even then, it will just be a gentle reminder, and often an offer by a moderator to move it/them to the right place.

This is a very civilized forum, with very nice people.

It was my intention (the monk is Francis of Assisi), but simply forgotten, in order to respect the words/nowords principle, I've further information for anyone interested about what this plaque exactly represents: click here.
Your mention of "the words/ no words principle" had me wondering what I'd missed. I had always sort of blithely assumed that it merely meant that one could share images either with or without commentary.

I went back to the first page in this thread and found this:

For those who aren't familiar with the terms "words/no words" basically it means that W/NW threads are not for critique of images, but rather a place of sharing. Of course it's always fine to tell someone how much you like their photographs. :wink_old:

Is that a good encapsulation of this "principle"? Is there more (or less) to it than that? This question is meant to be directed not only at Gerard, but at anyone who has a knowledge of the history of the "W/NW" usage.

- K

Last edited:
Back