B&W B&W: Words/No Words

_MG_6875 from RAW file SFXP2 E2022 Cameraderie.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Good evening and apologies for being tardy in seeing the various replies to the ball I started rolling

It was my intention (the monk is Francis of Assisi), but simply forgotten, in order to respect the words/nowords principle, I've further information for anyone interested about what this plaque exactly represents: click here.

Thank you very much @copescamera for sending that link; most interesting indeed and it helps me make sense of what I'm looking at

I had always sort of blithely assumed that it merely meant that one could share images either with or without commentary.

Many people do that (just post an image without any text) but personally it leaves me with more questions most of the time.
While I can admire an image for being a good photograph, knowing a bit more about it, adds another dimension of understanding and thus appreciation (to me)

From my point of view, adding the story behind the plaque I photographed in a separate link was a logical step

Very helpful and I appreciate having read it. We also enjoyed seeing the various plaques on the famous Charles Bridge in Prague
and reading up about their historical meaning certainly added value to merely looking at something. The reason I bring that up
is that the original image I asked about reminded me very much of this one - we also stroked it for 'good luck' :)

Prague shiny dog statue.jpg

Last edited:
Good evening and apologies for being tardy in seeing the various replies to the ball I started rolling

Thank you very much @copescamera for sending that link; most interesting indeed and it helps me make sense of what I'm looking at

Many people do that (just post an image without any text) but personally it leaves me with more questions most of the time.
While I can admire an image for being a good photograph, knowing a bit more about it, adds another dimension of understanding and thus appreciation (to me)

Very helpful and I appreciate having read it. We also enjoyed seeing the various plaques on the famous Charles Bridge in Prague
and reading up about their historical meaning certainly added value to merely looking at something. The reason I bring that up
is that the original image I asked about reminded me very much of this one - we also stroked it for 'good luck' :)

View attachment 377521

Seems to be quite common in Prague:

20150907-Prague.144.jpg

But for a whole 'nuther reason :oops:

Last edited:
Heres a titbit- there was a Pub in Homerton, London called The Dueragon. In the ladies cloakroom there was a big statue of a nude Roman, with just a fig leaf covering his best endeavors, it was on a hinge, when the inquisitive ladies lifted the hinge a Bell rang in the bar.. Sadly now closed.. Terrific Great Atmosphere.. Regards ScleralGuy
Sacramento Ca...JPG

Last edited:
Back