B&W workflow: free video tutorial from Luminous Landscapes

Thanks for sharing Pelao.

Very entertaining and informative. Must say though these two fellas certainly like their tangents and segues, as much as they do their Camera Raw and Lightroom ;) Having said that the "10,000 hours" lesson, really gave me something to think about, and that was a tangent about three hops out...

Ya, they do wander around a bit. Reichmann's point about knowing a piece of software very well, rather than jumping from one to another, is a useful reminder. There are many great tools available, but it would be difficult to master more than a few unless you were doing so full time. Better, I think, to learn one well and spend the rest of the time actually shooting.

And what is true of software is also true of hardware:)

Now that's fighting talk! :big grin:

But so true. For just over a year now I have intentionally restricted myself to one camera and sett of lenses. It has been incredibly liberating. I have always considered myself to be very effective with my gear, but this has been raised to new levels: I know the camera and lens combinations inside out across a range of situations. My eye has become more practiced and my techniques much better, and faster.

I now know the true limits of this camera and lens combination. I have always chosen gear very thoughtfully, but this too has been given more focus. I will base my next buys even more closely on features essential to what and how I shoot.

I couldn't agree more with Olli and how Pelao develops the point.
I never learned my film cameras (or film techniques) properly and when I got a digital P&S in 2006 it took me two years to learn how to fool it into taking the shots I wanted.
It's now taken about eighteen months to learn how the E-P2 with just it's 17mm kit lens works, let alone all the other lens I've accumulated, and I'm still not finished learning about the E-P2/17 ... and now I have a DP2s as well to try and understand ...

Thanks for the link Pelao! I enjoyed watching it. Informative indeed. I have so much more to learn about LR for sure.

Me too. I have been using it since version one, and like it very much. The latest version added a lot of capability and I feel I am not making the most of it.

Back