Back Again

Dewi Sant

Veteran
Name
Guess?
Been a while since I've visited here, over 12 months ago in fact according to my profile. Photography has taken a bit of a back seat for the past year as family stuff and restoring an old car sort of took over things. It's nice to see some of the old names still here though, and if you'll have me back I hope to post up some new images as and when I take them.

Summer this year saw my wife Liz and me take off for Alaska and Canada for a month, we spent a week in Alaska courtesy of a cruise ship - we hate cruises but it was the quickest way to get to see a bit of it - then when we got back we spent two weeks in a hire car driving out to Alberta and the Rockies, after which we spent a week in Vancouver with our daughter who lives there.

A new Canon 70D was bought for that trip as the old 550D developed a light meter problem which I got fed up working around. I like the 70D but find it requires some work to get the best out of the RAWs - far more than the 550D did but it's worth the effort. I still use the Olympus EPL-5 as my walk about camera and it still gives great results

We got home and got bored so took off for a trip down to Cornwall where we walked a lot of coastal footpaths with our wee Spaniel girl Josie who is now 6 - and still an absolute sweetheart. I also still ge tout ot motorsport events to take photos whenever possible.

Some pics of the Canada / Alaska trip here:
Canada 2010 page 1

I've not loaded any shots of Cornwall on to my website as yet but when I have I'll post a link

Here are a couple of shots taken there:

Z%20Cornwall%202016%20-%206_zpspn0bmn8i.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Z%20Cornwall%202016%20-%209_zpsppmya7zu.jpg

There are few shots taken at a recent stage rally I went to also. Went on my own to that so could dedicate some real time to photo taking :)

IMG_3104_zpszvzt2obk.jpg

IMG_2835_zpszca8b4cs.jpg

IMG_2700_zpsviigdvxx.jpg

IMG_2698_zps8po8qwsy.jpg

IMG_2552_zpsak6wfh86.jpg

IMG_2480_zpsmk54fosz.jpg

Looking forward to catching up with everyone's photos - already had a quick look at Chrstilou's Italy photos - absolutely stunning!

Welcome back. A couple of those racing shots are really a cut above. So many racing shots I see fail to capture the visceral thrill that the DRIVER is experiencing. Yeah, watching cars go fast is fun, but the DRIVER's are the ones REALLY having fun. I love seeing the car being pushed and the laws of physics kicking in. The #45 and #16 car photos are my two faves, but I'd personally love to be in that red Subaru rally car kicking up some dirt. Yee-HAW!

Back