Be careful with you explosive "vintage cameras"

M. Valdemar

Top Veteran
That old Contax definitely looks like a bomb.....:wtf::dance3::dance3::eek:

Imagine this happening to you. The poor guy is probably going to be on watch lists for the rest of his life even though he did nothing.

Very possible. She saw him playing around with some strange metal object and she panicked.

It does seem like wild over-reaction though. Nobody just thought to ask him what he had in his hand?

After reading the article, I’m thinking the woman is stupid. It says the guy was watching videos on vintage cameras. And from that she thought he was trying to make a bomb 🤦‍♂️

After reading the article, I’m thinking the woman is stupid. It says the guy was watching videos on vintage cameras. And from that she thought he was trying to make a bomb 🤦‍♂️
The part of the article that made me go "Huh? 🤨" was that, apparently, a skateboard was suspicious as well.

The traveler's bags were also confiscated and searched.

They were found to have a skateboard and other vintage cameras.

Vintage cameras and a skateboard? Either that passenger is my age or he's a Millennial, it could go either way. 😁

I don't usually use trending cultural references, but my immediate reaction to the story was "'Karen' strikes again. " Sheesh.
That was my immediate reaction as well. With a facepalm included for good measure. 🤦‍♂️
I didn't catch what camera the guy had been playing with. Was it really a Contax?
How does one not associate its shape with anything but a camera?!
I fear this is what the future holds for us 'old camera users'.
We need more hipsters to spread vintage camera awareness to the ignorant masses! :D

I was waiting for Mr_Flibble to react.

Oh? Am I "THAT GUY" on these boards now? :D

I'm actually tempted to book a flight and take my Kodak Graphic No.0 with me.

Graphic0-09.jpg

Hard to believe the airline personnel took the woman's statement and did nothing to check it out. Stupid beyond all belief.

I've read elsewhere that it was a Canon F1.

I do not fly anymore. This level of incompetence adds a new reason. Too many rules, having to get to the airport so early- the original reason. Pandemic and stupidity beyond all belief, including the arrogance of the 737 Max Boeing Team- unbelievable.

Saw the Canon F1 being mentioned elsewhere as well. Again, NOT something that most people would associate with a bomb.

But I guess it all comes down to emergency protocols in place, once the "B"-word is mentioned by anyone to the crew it doesn't matter if the whole issue was cleared up in-flight or not. The pilots have to put the plane down safely ASAP.

This Boeing stuff is scary. Can you imagine deliberately releasing a faulty aircraft? They literally murdered people for extra profit.

I used to go out of my way to fly on a Boeing plane. Not any more. The last great Boeing was the 747.

But for me, not flying is not an option. When the pandemic is finished I have to go to Asia for my job, and my wife wants to visit her family in Japan. Plus, I miss all the weird old camera shops in Tokyo.

I guess they're setting this employee up as the fall guy. Geez!

Back