Beach/Ocean: Lets see yours.

Ray Sachs

Legend
Sep 21, 2010
Not too far from Philly
you should be able to figure it out...
I always forget about this thread - I'll have to keep it near the top of my list because we're gonna spend 5 weeks at the shore in June and July while a massive remodel of our first floor is being done back home. We'll be close enough to check in on the work from time to time but we're not up for trying to live here through it. So beach stuff is about all I'll be shooting for a while...

These were taken in early May at the very location on Long Beach Island, New Jersey, where we'll be staying this summer. I think I've shown these somewhere around here, but I can never remember what I've just put up on Flickr and what I've linked to and where. Maybe I put 'em on the Fuji forum - they're all done with the Fuji 14 and 60mm lenses. Regardless, they seem right for this thread:

Long Beach Island-29-Edit by ramboorider1, on Flickr

Long Beach Island-61-Edit by ramboorider1, on Flickr

Long Beach Island-57-Edit by ramboorider1, on Flickr

Long Beach Island-34-Edit by ramboorider1, on Flickr

Long Beach Island-19-Edit by ramboorider1, on Flickr

demiro

Serious Compacts For Life
Dec 15, 2011
Ray, please share your trick for making that Jersey ocean look so "not brown". Nice shots.

Reactions: BBW

BBW

Legend
Jul 7, 2010
betwixt and between
BB
Thank you, Peter for your sublimely beautiful image. You all are just whetting my appetite for our trip in July to the Outer Banks of North Carolina!! Ray, I envy you - 5 weeks!!! We've got one week (minus drive days). Sue - what a moment!

I miss the ocean. One of these days I'm going to have to figure out how to be closer to it, if not right on the beach next to it, for much longer periods of time.

Ray Sachs

Legend
Sep 21, 2010
Not too far from Philly
I forgot about this thread again, despite being at the beach for the past three weeks. I've been posting some sunsets and a couple of sunrise shots over in that sunset / clouds thread. It's beautiful but a little boring - you can only shoot so many sunsets, sunrises, seagulls, sand dunes, etc. But I'm here for another two weeks before we get our home back from the renovators... Here are a couple of sunset / sunrise shots already shown elsewhere, followed by a short action sequence. I've been shooting mostly with Nikon DSLR's, mostly the D610, but I'm posting on Serious Compacts anyway...

Sunset:

LBI Sunset by ramboorider1, on Flickr

Sunrise:

Sunrise-117-Edit by ramboorider1, on Flickr

Our favorite seagull, perched placidly atop a post:

Bird & Ice Cream by ramboorider1, on Flickr

When suddenly, he (or she, not sure how to check), takes flight for reasons and regions unknown...

And dive-bombs the ice-cream truck!

Man, these DSLRs really do track movement like nobody's business.

-Ray

Ray Sachs

Legend
Sep 21, 2010
Not too far from Philly
It's my last evening at the shore after five weeks. Our place will basically be finished by tomorrow afternoon so I'm heading back, excited as hell to see it, but enjoying the last days here too. Tonight I had the Nikon gear all packed up and ready to head home tomorrow, so I just pulled out the RX1. And was reminded all over again just how much I love this little camera and why.

Two at the beach shortly before sunset, one of the sunset over the bay. Walking from beach to bay on this part of the island is less than 10 minutes...

Last Night Sunset-15-Edit by ramboorider1, on Flickr

Last Night Sunset-22-Edit by ramboorider1, on Flickr

Last Night Sunset-131-Edit by ramboorider1, on Flickr

-Ray

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom