Nature Beach/Ocean: Let's see yours.

View attachment 186521The Island - Towan Island - UK2016-65 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

This house on Towan Island, is perched 24 metres above the sea and connected to the mainland by a 30 metre suspension bridge. Apparently the only privately owned suspension bridge in the UK. Today the house is a luxury bed and breakfast.

At one time the house was owned by the son of Sir Oliver Joseph Lodge, the inventor of the spark plug.

We visited Newquay in July 2016.

I saw this and thought "Looks a nice place to book for wifes' birthday surprise". Only £1700 for a long weekend :eek-54:

Mumbai, India
DSCF2253-C1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Bondi Beach. Lots going on, but as a beach, one of the most over rated, actually not much different to Margate in the UK.
View attachment 189191 View attachment 189198 View attachment 189199
Best beach I know is off Jervis Bay on the south coast: Honeymoon Bay. Its restricted camping still, afaik, the navy used to bring water for campers. Gorgeous white sand, safe for the littlies and gee I wish I had been into Photography last time I was there :)

Best beach I know is off Jervis Bay on the south coast: Honeymoon Bay. Its restricted camping still, afaik, the navy used to bring water for campers. Gorgeous white sand, safe for the littlies and gee I wish I had been into Photography last time I was there :)
It is fantastic for beaches down that part of the world, so long as you can stay alive driving down the Princess Highway. I read somewhere that's one of the most dangerous roads in the country (!?).

Last edited:
Back