Nature Beach/Ocean: Let's see yours.

Found this photo on my other desk today. No idea how it got there or why it chose today to appear - it was there glowing at me.

This would have been taken sometime in the late 60's early 70's with my Zenit E. Very messed up as you can see, no idea where the neg is.
A real challenge to clean up. - Would be easier to retake the photo if I could guarantee the sunset. Judging by the sun it would have been taken in Winter.

As it happens this beach is one of the foremost most photgraphed beaches in the UK - Three Cliffs Gower.

Any hints or tips on cleaning would be gratefully received

Then again there are lots of programmes trying to emulate this kind of grunge.

Any hints or tips on cleaning would be gratefully received

This is (roughly) how I would do it:

1. Get a fairly high resolution scan. 300 dpi should do it. If your scanner and software have the capacity, turn ICE (or its equivalent) on.
2. At 100% magnification, use the spot healing brush to eliminate any remaining dust marks or scratches.
3. Use the clone stamp tool to fix larger blemishes.
4. If necessary, use the Photoshop dust and scratch filter. I only use this when nothing else works, since it removes a lot of detail.
5. Bring up the black point on a curves adjustment layer.

If you send me a high resolution scan of the image, I would be glad to give it a shot.

Cheers,

Antonio

This is (roughly) how I would do it:

1. Get a fairly high resolution scan. 300 dpi should do it. If your scanner and software have the capacity, turn ICE (or its equivalent) on.
2. At 100% magnification, use the spot healing brush to eliminate any remaining dust marks or scratches.
3. Use the clone stamp tool to fix larger blemishes.
4. If necessary, use the Photoshop dust and scratch filter. I only use this when nothing else works, since it removes a lot of detail.
5. Bring up the black point on a curves adjustment layer.

If you send me a high resolution scan of the image, I would be glad to give it a shot.

Cheers,

Antonio

Thanks Antonio - my PS skills are neglible so I will PM you after another clean & a re-scan

Ta

Roger

2vaii5g.jpg

West Pier Brighton beach

Back