Nature Beach/Ocean: Let's see yours.

Great stuff, John! I love that you made the effort to shoot at the edges of light at golden hour. The tones and colors are lovely, and the long exposures add to the mood. Fantastic!

Piedras Blancas (near San Simeon, CA)

Piedras Blancas is a lighthouse near San Simeon, CA. It's often windy and rough at this location, and it's also a great place to see elephant seals. This image was taken in broad daylight with 13 stops of ND filter on the front of the PL25 + EPM2 + cable release. Raw file processed in LR4.

8749764440_736dbee1cf_b.jpg

Superb colors! I especially enjoy the vibrance of the second image, although all are strong photos. Lovely part of the planet you live in!

Wow, tdp!! I tried to click on it but Flickr wouldn't let me in. Stunning - I feel as though I'm standing right there with the warm waves lapping at my feet. If only I were!

P.S. I finally made it all the way back through this thread. Thank you all. I've always been in love with the ocean and can't wait to get back down...hopefully next summer. For those of you who live within walking distance or a short drive - you're awfully lucky.

Back