Nature Beach/Ocean: Let's see yours.

whitepointsunrise.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Whitepoint, San Pedro CA.
Rework with colorplay.

Aw come on Matt, I've heard there's one or two lakes where you are, of the stunning variety too.
Ray: As nice as our lakes are, there's always something on the horizon - usually moutains. Never the same degree of openness, never the same sense of freedom.

That said, I do love that kind of view as well. But I think I'd be best served somewhere I could have access to both. New Zealand certainly qualifies - as do Norway, Iceland, the Faroes ... and Central and Northern Scotland, including the Hebrides! And so on and so forth, I daresay ...

Well, you never know ... I don't mind telling you I've harboured thoughts of uprooting myself once more lately, this time to possibly move a lot further ...

Time will tell. First, we have to survive the current situation - literally and psychologically. Without peace of mind, big decisions may turn into big mistakes.

M.

Ray: As nice as our lakes are, there's always something on the horizon - usually moutains. Never the same degree of openness, never the same sense of freedom.

That said, I do love that kind of view as well. But I think I'd be best served somewhere I could have access to both. New Zealand certainly qualifies - as do Norway, Iceland, the Faroes ... and Central and Northern Scotland, including the Hebrides! And so on and so forth, I daresay ...

Well, you never know ... I don't mind telling you I've harboured thoughts of uprooting myself once more lately, this time to possibly move a lot further ...

Time will tell. First, we have to survive the current situation - literally and psychologically. Without peace of mind, big decisions may turn into big mistakes.

M.
I know what you mean. Quite a few places on my list when this is over.

St. Clair Beach/Esplanade, Dunedin:View attachment 254366
And that’s one of the places I intend to get to when this is all over. Had a friend who was from Dunedin who passed away too young in 2017 (tumour the size of a golf ball behind the eye), so going there in her memory is very appealing. She always said it was too boring to live there but it looks to me like the ideal place to take stock and gather some perspective.

Had a friend who was from Dunedin who passed away too young in 2017 (tumour the size of a golf ball behind the eye), so going there in her memory is very appealing.
Sorry to hear that. Man, sometimes those things go undetected until it's too late.

She always said it was too boring to live there but it looks to me like the ideal place to take stock and gather some perspective.
Dunedin's OK. Some people are looking at Auckland-style living especially after going around the world. I like it because it's well-designed and the natural wonders of the lower South Island are just a few hours away.

Back