Beauty and Tragedy

tonyturley

Legend
Name
Tony
I spent all day today on a 220 mile road trip through several adjacent counties to hike and photograph waterfalls at several locations. Scenery and foliage throughout the New River Gorge area were magnificent, but this poignant scene caught my eye. Three different houses within a few dozen yards of each other. Rather sobering to see so much loss. Fuji X30.

DSCF4332-1.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSCF4333-1.JPG

I have a friend who takes black and white shots and videos in and of old homes and buildings and they are some fantastic pieces. It is sad but not in the way you would think. It is a strange feeling. I liked these, the first of the two homes almost tells a story.

I have a friend who takes black and white shots and videos in and of old homes and buildings and they are some fantastic pieces. It is sad but not in the way you would think. It is a strange feeling. I liked these, the first of the two homes almost tells a story.
Thanks. Here they are converted in-camera to B&W, but in this case they don't have the same impact for me as they do in color.

DSCF4338-1.JPG

DSCF4339-1.JPG

Both are very beautiful but I see what you mean, the color really makes them pop. I think the trees take away from the photos when they are in black and white.

Back